NSDAP Visor Hat Eagle Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for opinions on this political vison hat eagle. Marked on the reverse RZM M1 / 16. Also is it a type 1939 eagle? Who is M1/16? Thanks
    Attached Files

A classical original !
    Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick, I thought it looked good. I appreciate your input.

Comment

Good one!

Comment

Hi 39inf,

As far as I am concerned its a very nice Model39 aluminum NSDAP eagle by Dr. Franke & Co. K.G., Lüdenscheid. With a bit of luck you shoud be able to find the wreath by the same maker for this beauty to make the set but I've had no luck so far locating a M 1/16 marked cockade and not even sure if this maker produced a cockade...

Here is my set

Best regards

JC
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the response to my post!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
              With a bit of luck you shoud be able to find the wreath by the same maker for this beauty to make the set but I've had no luck so far locating a M 1/16 marked cockade and not even sure if this maker produced a cockade...JC
              The wreath was made by Franke as it is in their cataloque as article-number 2/3947. The fancy cockade however they did not make.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                The wreath was made by Franke as it is in their cataloque as article-number 2/3947. The fancy cockade however they did not make.
                Thanks for solving this mystery Wim, your help is much appreciated! You must have an awsome reference library...

I have a few of the NSDAP cockades that match this set (period wise) but understandably no M 1/16 since Franke didnt make one. The good side is I will no longer be enlarging or squinting at dealer catalog pictures to find one to complete the set: I have a nice M 1/8 that will fit just right

Thanks again

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                  Thanks for solving this mystery Wim, your help is much appreciated! You must have an awsome reference library...

I have a few of the NSDAP cockades that match this set (period wise) but understandably no M 1/16 since Franke didnt make one. The good side is I will no longer be enlarging or squinting at dealer catalog pictures to find one to complete the set: I have a nice M 1/8 that will fit just right

Thanks again

JC

I do not know if they never did make them. This cockade is not shown in their catalogue.
                  I do have many catalogues, but in most this typical cockade isn't shown.
                  M1/8 = Ferdinand Wagner from Pforzheim. They were known for manufacturing stuff
                  for the political organization (nur parteiamtliche Abzeichen, according to the 1938 RZM
                  manufacturing-list for Metallabzeichen-Hersteller).
                  Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 05-03-2019, 03:34 AM.

Comment

This is a very nice piece.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                      I do not know if they never did make them. This cockade is not shown in their catalogue.
                      I do have many catalogues, but in most this typical cockade isn't shown.
                      M1/8 = Ferdinand Wagner from Pforzheim. They were known for manufacturing stuff for the political organization (nur parteiamtliche Abzeichen, according to the 1938 RZM manufacturing-list for Metallabzeichen-Hersteller).
                      Funny how things work out sometime...

Immediately after this thread ended I saw another M1/16 cockade in aluminum for sale but IMO a later variant with the cockade integrated into the wreath instead of separate like the one I showed in post 5. I needed another wreath as much as I needed another hole in the head but I was just very curious to see the MM on the cockade...

When comparing the 2 wreaths, in addition to the integrated backplate for the cockade, you will note that the crimping plates for the 2 clips are now round instead of oval shaped like on my original posted picts and the M1/16 maker mark is now located in the lower right wreath. As for the cockade itself, its marked M1/34 (for Karl Wurster, Markneukirchen) which seems to confirms that M1/16 (Franke) didnt make cockades as Wim suspected!

Stands to reason that although a lot of makers could and did produce this type of insignia not all of them could produce enamelled insignia (as these cockades are) so they sourced them from 3rd parties that could...

Regards

JC
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X