• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with an SA Flag

Posting this to help another collector.

Regards,

Gordon

"Looking for information on a pre WWII SA Sturmfahne - 21/1 (in green square edged in dull gold) plus its related Unit traditions Numbers. Item is approx 45x45 inches is double sided. at some time at fly end there were ties/rings for pole but all are gone now. Item is in overall excellent condition have a couple period repairs - even has some blood staining. My Museum Association received this item over ten years ago, from a WWII Canadian Intelligence Corps officer veteran. Would like to have it identified so it can be better displayed. Have inquired by the so called experts here only to come up empty handed. No information, but they were willing to buy. Thanks. Rob."
    Attached Files

Standarte 1 of Gruppe Nordsee was located in Emden.

Sydney

Comment

Originally posted by squidney86 View Post
      Standarte 1 of Gruppe Nordsee was located in Emden. Sydney

Sydney is correct. Standarte 1 was under the DE "Ostfriesland and was part for brigade 63 (Oldenburg-Ostfriesland).
      It first had its headquarters at Aurich (1935/1936), then Emden (1937) and later, during the war, in Aurich again.
      The traditions-patches were for Standarte 2 (1937), which also was at Nordsee and located at Emden. Before Emden the headquarters were at Meppen (Ems).
      It is obvious the flag moved around a bit.
      It is practically sure this flag was in the earliest days the first flag granted to Standarte 1 (Sturm 1).

I have no idea for the two different 31/2 patches. The one does not have the correct form of numbers, maybe they had to change it into the proper numbers.
      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-30-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your informative and quick response. I will pass this info on.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X