Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Period is this SA tab?

Hello all!
    I recently purchased this tab off of the estand and its somewhat stumping me as to when its from. At first glance the colors seem to be the "cornflower blue" of Oberhein/Warthe. But that wouldn't make sense since this tab doesnt fall under war time regulations and what a tab would look like when those Gruppes were established.

My next train of thought is possibly Pre '33 (Gausturme era) since this tab color doesnt go with any 33-39 regs. One subgruppe used blue with white letters/numbers. They are Hessen-Darmstadt (Gruppe West) and all of Gruppe Hochland and its accompanying subgruppes used it.

Now I only have a Standarte list from 1936 BUT I know Hessen didnt have a Standarte 13. But Bayern Ost did in Eggenfelden. So, is it possible this tab is from there? Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Sydney
    Attached Files

There are quite some Standarte with the number 13.
    The color is anyway light-blue and so it is plausible the patch is from Standarte 13 from Bayerische Ostmark (the later Bayernwald).
    The headquarters first were at Birnbach, then Eggenfelden and later Simbach (later then 1942).
    Cornflower-blue has a totally different shade.

The embroidery is not done in Kürbelstickerei, but Plattstich and so is according to orders from June 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
      There are quite some Standarte with the number 13.
      The color is anyway light-blue and so it is plausible the patch is from Standarte 13 from Bayerische Ostmark (the later Bayernwald).
      The headquarters first were at Birnbach, then Eggenfelden and later Simbach (later then 1942).
      Cornflower-blue has a totally different shade.

The embroidery is not done in Kürbelstickerei, but Plattstich and so is according to orders from June 1939.
      Wim,
      Thank you for your response. I know off of my list there are at least five Standarte 13.
      Maybe my photo out in sunlight killed the color of the tab but its is most definitely more inline with the Cornflower-blue. Its no where near dark enough for Hessen/Hansa and not the light blue you see from Bayerische Ostmark.
      Best,
      Sydney

Comment

There was a 13 at Warthe (Litzmannstadt. The Standarte was known as Litzmannstad-Land), but I cannot believe the blue is as cornflower-blue or it is faded in some ways.
        If Warthe then it is a wartime product anyway. It is much easier to find material from Bayer. Ostmark, as from Warthe.
        The blue for Hessen/Hansa is very dark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X