Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plethora of Stick Pins to Sort

Evening!

I stumbled on a collection of stick pins for a decent price, photos were blurry but I decided to roll the dice. I knew 3 or 4 were fake right off that bat, but now that they're in hand, I can tell at least 9 of 24 are bad. I think this is someone's old collection I bought. Trying to sort through the rest to see if the price I paid is still worth it, or if I should try for a return. Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

First few...
    -Black enamel sympathizer pin? Has an RZM mark and M code, which I find odd for a sympathizer pin. Can anyone ID this or confirm if it's real?
    -Unknown eagle pin. I have not been able to ID it, and there's no twist on the pin. Anyone?
    -RDL pin. Have only seen a few posted on the forum, nobody seems to be able to ID who it was for, but it seems to stack up against the others and I'm thinking this one is ok
    -Postal Security...seems to stack up to others posted on the forum, and I am also thinking this one is okay, but of course opinions are welcome!

NSBO and civil Kriegsmarine pins...I think both of these are okay, but welcome opinions

Comment

-RKK...no twist on pin, I'm not sure on this one but a bit worried
      -Veteran enameled pin...I think this one is ok
      -SA Reserve...marsked Ges Gesch, I think this one is ok
      -RLB...I also think this one is ok

Comment

Your RKK, Reichs Kulturkammer, is fine.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
          Your RKK, Reichs Kulturkammer, is fine.

Bob Hritz
          Even without the twist? Do you think it was a replacement pin? Or is twist not a hard rule? Still trying to figure the stick pin thing out

The only fake Deschler marked I was able to find on the forum was a 2004 thread... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=rkk+pin

I also read there are 'Demler' marked fakes, and unmarked fakes

Comment

RLB is a nice original.

Steve

Comment

Pins

There are people here with far more experience on these pins than me, but they all look ok IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Brig View Post
                -RDL pin. Have only seen a few posted on the forum, nobody seems to be able to ID who it was for, but it seems to stack up against the others and I'm thinking this one is ok
                Recently, it was identified (apparently, positively so) as being for the Reichsbund Deutscher Diplom-Landwirte; see post # 6 here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=995389

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                  Recently, it was identified (apparently, positively so) as being for the Reichsbund Deutscher Diplom-Landwirte; see post # 6 here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=995389
                  Very interesting...looks identical to my pin, so I guess I can move that one to the 'good' pile.

Comment

Better images of the RKK...I am inclined to think it's a replaced pin, maybe period, as the mount circle isn't as large in others I've seen and appears to be a shadow of an original there. Lack of twist pin...having looked at a dozen+ originals around the Internet I can't find an example without a twist

Last edited by Brig; 03-13-2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

IMO
                      post #1: all 4 fake
                      post #2: all 2 real!

Comment

What makes the last two in the first topic fake? They seem to match all of the examples I have found on the forum in the past

Comment

Both are accepted as being original....

Attached Files
                          RonR

Comment

ooo
                            Attached Files
                            RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X