Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Griffith's "Collector's Guide to "Liberated" Adolf Hitler Memorabilia"

Dear friends,

Over the years I have seen quite a few questions from our colleagues as to where to find copies of Dr. Mark Griffith's "Collector's Guide..." Well, among the many titles in Bill Shea's latest offering on Books, he includes a pair of copies of Volumes I and II of the Griffith titles, being sold together. These are very rare documents, so I mention this offering for the benefit of anyone who would like to pursue this opportunity.

As most know, Bill Shea is the owner of the militaria dealership, The Ruptured Duck.

I hope this is helpful! Best of luck,

Br. James

Thanks for the heads up James! I've been looking for these for years. There have been rumors for a long while that Griffith is releasing a new volume. By purchasing this set, I just guaranteed that he will be releasing it next week for half the price I just paid!
    https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

My pleasure, Mike! For quite a few years I have had a copy of Griffith's "Revised" edition, which supposedly "Includes Volumes I and II, plus additional "Liberated" items," which he published in 1986. None of the pages in this book are numbered but one can see about where Volume I left off and Volume II began. If I didn't have this "Revised" edition, I would have snapped up the two offered by Bill Shea myself.

What is odd about the books Shea offered, according to the description on his website, is that Volume I was published in 1986 and Volume II in 1987. I wonder, then, how he was able to publish the combined "Revised" edition also in 1986?!

I've also heard for a number of years that Griffith is supposed working on a new edition, though these already-published editions supposedly included artifacts brought back by his father from WWII. Now, 33 years after 1986, I wonder how many new artifacts he has yet to describe?

Cheers and enjoy,

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        I've also heard for a number of years that Griffith is supposed working on a new edition, though these already-published editions supposedly included artifacts brought back by his father from WWII. Now, 33 years after 1986, I wonder how many new artifacts he has yet to describe?
        Great point.

https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

mark griffiths books

just looked at Jeff Clarks web-site and he has a set of those books for sale.

Comment

Looks like the same set that Bill Shea sold very recently...at a better price!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X