NSDAP Membership Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Membership Book

This is my first NSDAP membership book and am looking for opinions on it.

Looks to be an early edition one, with a replaced photo, most of the years appear to be filled out, starting with June 1932 to 1945, with a few extra shooting matches and Reichsparteitag stamps.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

where the photo is glued...
            Attached Files

Comment

Apart of replaced photo, I like it

regards
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GEPRUFT View Post
                Apart of replaced photo, I like it

regards
                Mike
                I love the updated picture in the mitgliedsbuch, it shows that he was a true believer in the party (ie. paid his membership dues in 1945) I believe he wanted an updated photo of himself showing off his rank in his book. What would you want people to see you in? Your private uniform or your sergeant greens?

From the photos posted from OP, the gluing looks very good and time period. I'm very jealous of your book, I have been looking for years for a book of this quality! This mitgliedsbuch should be proudly displayed in your collection!

Comment

I doubt the photo was period attached. There is a reason photos are over stamped.
                  Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
                    I doubt the photo was period attached. There is a reason photos are over stamped.
                    Jeff
                    What would be the point to have the photo replaced? The original photo would make it far more valuable IMO, even if not in uniform, Hitler mustache, etc. I doubt the photo just fell out considering the rest of the book's condition. The glue looks pretty old to me. I think this is just a case of the guy wanted a better photo in the book, especially considering his promotions throughout the years and that this book started in 1934 and ended in '45. Surely this isn't uncommon?

Comment

If the Pg. wanted to upgrade his photo, he would have had to have it done by the issuing office of the party, in which case, as Jeff noted, it would have been overstamped. Having a replaced and unstamped photograph would render the membership book illegitimate as it's no longer an official 'sealed' document.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Can't speak to the photo or it's authenticity but that is a beautiful book man. Very jealous. I constantly look for one of these and they are NEVER for sale it seems. When I do find them, I am a day late it seems. I would love to own even an entry level membership book. I normally collect only membership badges and would love to have a book to add to my collection. Political items are only thing that interests me. Good on you for your find.

If anyone has one of these (even in less than great condition) that they'd consider selling, please contact me.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                          If the Pg. wanted to upgrade his photo, he would have had to have it done by the issuing office of the party, in which case, as Jeff noted, it would have been overstamped. Having a replaced and unstamped photograph would render the membership book illegitimate as it's no longer an official 'sealed' document.
                          Erich
                          That would make sense, thanks for the info. Still happy with it though, and the price did reflect the photo being replaced. Mainly what I was looking for were most of the years fill out which I've noticed are few and far in between.

Comment

rebeldevil89,
                            As long as you are happy with it. Reasons photo was removed? You have to remember after the war these high ranking party members were prosecuted. Would you need any other reason to remove the photo?
                            Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
                              rebeldevil89,
                              As long as you are happy with it. Reasons photo was removed? You have to remember after the war these high ranking party members were prosecuted. Would you need any other reason to remove the photo?
                              Jeff
                              If I was threatened with prosecution, it might be wiser to just destroy the book, considering possession of it, with name included might be a problem. To just get rid of the photo makes little sense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X