Gold party badge assistance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold party badge assistance please

Just got back from the Bastrop Texas gun show, and one of the countless business cards passed has possibly paid off. Have a gentleman about to send me photos of the smaller gold party badge # 527 supposedly issued to a Karl Stoudthamer with SS associations. Will post photos when I get them today but does this pan out so far? Badge is marked Fuess out of Munich?

Hi Steve,

If this Fuess-marked GPB turns out to be genuine, you've really have quite an artifact there! Karl Staudhammer did indeed hold NSDAP Membership Number 527, he was an SS officer and he held both the Coburg Badge and the Blood Order, #1162 -- a First Issue piece! In a word: WOW! But only if it's genuine!!

Here's hoping...

Br. James

Comment

This has already been discussed in WAF a few years ago. Theres a thread somewhere.

Comment

Badge

Well the good thing is he lives three hours away!
        Last edited by Steve Flanagan; 02-04-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

A photo will tell the story immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
            This has already been discussed in WAF a few years ago. Theres a thread somewhere.

Really easy to find: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=465890

And he had the CB as well.

Comment

Well, I couldn't see the photos well enough to get an impression of this badge when Erich shared photos of both side back on 10/7/10, and the provided links no longer work.

Br. James

Comment

Party badge

Well as happens from time to time when you post items on this forum this attempt at dealing with owner has come to an end. Jon Fish and I have been talking and this guy has been flogging this badge for years. I advised him I would give $1800 for the badge and he went as far as saying we would meet in a week or so when he travelled to Dallas area to visit his sick brother. Now hes back to best offer,,,,I just told him I dont do auctions and to consider my offer revoked. It would have been as simple as meeting him and handing him funds, but its not worth it,,,as we know when one deal falls through, there is always another in progress, particularly at the show circuit. Good luck guys.

Comment

Hello Steve, do you know if this badge of Karl is still available?

Comment

I've known of this badge and it's owner for over 20 years. We have visited in
                    person, on the phone several times, and corresponded by mail with pictures.
                    He's a nice fellow and a pleasure to talk with.

Sadly, you're best approach is to wait for his estate to be settled.
                    That's not meant as a derogatory commentary about him at all.
                    It's just my opinion after dealing with non-collectors who have relics.
                    My opinion is based of 50+ years of this of activity.
                    Some items just can't be bought; this is one of them.

Maybe if you had $100,000 you'd have a slim chance.

Forget you ever heard about the pin.
                    Last edited by Texasuberalles; 05-10-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X