• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA cap

Hi,

Can you please help with this one?

Original? Price range?

Not for sale by dealer. It's local find.

Thanks a lot.

JC
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Original model 1937 cotton twill kepi. The color band looks like the Bayerische Hochland light blue (with silver button). The monetary value is hard to pin down, since I've been seeing widely ranging dealer prices as well as pieces remaining unsold at what I would consider fair prices.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
        Original model 1937 cotton twill kepi. The color band looks like the Bayerische Hochland light blue (with silver button). Erich
        This color blue is not for Hochland (nor Bayerische Ostmark when having a golden button). Bayerische Hochland did not exist. The color, which seems to be cornflower-blue, merely tends for Oberrhein (and also for Warthe). The color did not come earlier then spring 1941.
        Or the photographed blue is not correct, this is another possibility and the blue in fact should have anothe tone. Then Hochland would be okay!

Comment

Hello Wim,
          On my monitor it looks more like an unfaded Hochland (of course there is no Bayerische Hochland except when one has not had enough sleep!) than the deeper cornflower blue of Oberrhein or Warthe. It's certainly possible depending on the lighting of the images and color adjustment of my monitor.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
            Hello Wim,
            On my monitor it looks more like an unfaded Hochland (of course there is no Bayerische Hochland except when one has not had enough sleep!) than the deeper cornflower blue of Oberrhein or Warthe. It's certainly possible depending on the lighting of the images and color adjustment of my monitor.
            Erich
            Hey Erich,
            Maybe better photographs from the blue would help? But as often and usual, even the same color can differ quite!
            At this moment I am not even sure if the twill version may have been made for Oberrhein ever!
            Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-30-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all comment.
              I've buy it & will post photos as reception.

This kepi is a direct family find in alsace here in France.

Photos soon!

Comment

I don't know if it can help but this insignia was with the kepi.

By the way what is the correct eagle that was in front of the kepi?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Oberrhein makes sense , as found in Alsace also , where it was used !
                    You need a large SA metal eagle for your cap , a classical zinc would be the best .
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Francisque View Post
                      ... By the way what is the correct eagle that was in front of the kepi?
                      Large eagle like this one
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've this one.
                        It can fit?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I would try to find one with a better silver finish, since the cap is in pretty nice condition.
                          And yes, Wim is correct in the Oberrhein determination due to the area in which it was found--that makes the most sense!.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Francisque View Post
                            I've this one.
                            It can fit?
                            In my opinion, NO. It should be the aluminum version.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                              In my opinion, NO. It should be the aluminum version.
                              Hi,

sorry for the late answer...

I agree with Mr Saris,
                              For me it's a Oberrhein/Wartheland cornflower blue toped cap too and... Same opinion about the aigle pattern... can also be a zinc so called "M36" SA eagle.

Regards
                              Pascal.
                              Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 02-04-2019, 05:53 AM.
                              Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                              - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X