NSDAP Desk Ornament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Desk Ornament

I acquired this a number of years ago from a veteran’s team son. The 3rd photo clearly shows 2 small holes which undoubtedly were used to mount a plate which probably named the individual to whom it was given and was probably removed by that individual during the final days of the war.
    Attached Files

It might have been a price for a competition, and the plate may have provided related information, but not necessarily contained a name. Example: 3rd winner in the 100m sprint competition of the SA in Berlin, 7. Juli 1935.

Comment

Good point. Thanks der-has-fee.

Comment

A very attractive piece, one with which I am not familiar. Of course this design immediately calls to mind the Festival Badge for the 9th November in Munich 1933, but the wording on the ribbon is not present -- “Und Ihr Habt Doch Gesiegt”

Br. James

Comment

Thanks Br. James. I appreciate your insightful feedback.

Comment

My pleasure, Fred. Are there any foundry or artist's marks indicated anywhere on this piece? It appears to be bronze.

Br. James

Comment

Br. James, there are no foundry or artist marks that I can see. The finish appears to be silver that has aged to a dark patina/tarnish. In the photos there is an area behind the bottom of the oak leaf sprig where the original protective lacquer has kept the finish a bright silver color.
              Fred

Comment

Thanks, Fred. From the photos I assumed that this piece was bronze, but apparently it is really oxidized silver plate. A very attractive piece.

Br. James

Comment

nice specimen ..i believe the medal is what is called"white metal" with a bronze wash ,...EC

Comment

I like it, and it seems like an attractive TR piece.

Mil

Comment

Very nice desk piece. I believe it will have the makers mark of HA in the bottom. I own a similar piece but with out the leaf. It was missing the original marble base & I found one for it.

Michael H.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by rlimike; 01-26-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your contribution, Michael, though Fred has already mentioned that "there are no foundry or artist marks that I can see." Your reference to a "makers mark of HA in the bottom" of the piece probably puts that mark out of sight, since the bottom of Fred's piece appears to be covered by a paper or cloth shield which protects other surfaces from scratching, and removing that shield would cause the piece some loss of value and originality.

Br. James

Comment

Michael H. and I exchanged PM messages a couple of days ago in which I mentioned that my example has a brown felt material at the base (as observed by Br. James) so I could not determine if it has a maker or foundry mark. Here’s a photo of the base:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the miscommunication .... I stated that mine and his are similar and his would have the HA mark on the bottom ....I didn't and wouldn't ask him to remove the felt from the bottom for the reason Br.James stated.
                            Regards,
                            Michael H.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X