Platterhof Chair Opinion

Hi guys, can I ask your opinion on this platterhof chair. Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

It certainly looks right!

Br. James

Comment

I have a platterhof teapot.

Comment

The only difference I can see is the reverse of the top edge of the chairs in the Platterhof shows what appears to be exposed wood, whereas the chair in question has the upholstery covering the rear top edge.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

I noticed that, as well, Erich, and the color of the wood of the chairs in the Platterhof Dining Room appears to be darker in the post card photos than the example provided by a.h....but those photos are from about 80 years ago and the lighting was probably different... The upholstery on the present example is probably different than it originally was, too.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for help.

magnifying the photo of the platterhof chair in postcard I noticed this difference of ligature as you can see is different from the chair in question.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I've studied this chair before and it looks damn good. I'm sure the chair was reupholstered and they didn't add the upholstery tacks to that crease/roll below the top. That said, if I were to buy this, I would want some sort of paper trail. As good as it looks, who the heck knows if that furniture maker didn't make that same design for other facilities.

https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

Originally posted by Berghof View Post
                That said, if I were to buy this, I would want some sort of paper trail. As good as it looks, who the heck knows if that furniture maker didn't make that same design for other facilities.
                Good that my Bormann closet comes along with rock-solid provenance.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Thorsten, You're quite the carpenter to craft that door from the blueprint. I'm just joking. That is an outstanding piece and with the smoking gun provenance. It doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for sharing. Do you have just the door or do you have the entire cabinet?

Mike

https://www.ww2treasures.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post

wonderful..!do you have intere cabinet?
                    I bought the two projects from hermann Historica auction.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I do have the whole cabinet, of course.

The initial pic I shared is just a bit small.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The door knob: Highlighted with a symbol of the shining sun - the essence of natural elements and central point of their new religion.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X