Rare: Hj badge for earned foreigners !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
    If you accept his opinions, everything is a fake.
    Quite the contrary, he has many great videos on original items.

It also seems he bases his opinions (at least from what I've seen) on cold hard facts. In a community where there's a lot of money to be made, and many "legit" dealers are selling fakes, it's refreshing to see someone rustling jimmies of other so called "experts," even if he might be mistaken on something (which I don't think he is).

Originally posted by John T View Post

and he watches WAF like a hawk...
    Put me in the screen cap, Jo!

Comment

Can any member please post the u-tube link for the HJ badge.

I was banned from his site years ago, being the apostate that I am, and cannot access it.

Never mind I found it

Comment

I also disagreed with him and was banned for life.

Comment

Well, I looked at his u tube video.

He has taken an example supposedly made by Deschler and exposed it as a fake. How interesting. However, as we know Deschler never made this badge.

What is missing, and maybe I missed it are the ones made by HA.

These are die struck and have real rivets.

So please explain his outing an obvious fake, and ignoring the HA marked badge which collector lore says is a fake, based on what I'm still not sure.

Somethng to do with a card that came out in the 70s, whatever that is worth.

Jo, sets up a straw man and knocks him down.

That's evidence?

You guys accept that!
          Last edited by Gary Symonds; 01-02-2019, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Gary, why don't you do an examination of the Aurich HJ badge and post your results? You never seem to post any physical evidence about any badge but are quick to condem others detailed examinations. Or present any evidence to support your opinions. You ask many questions of others but your own research is lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tucker View Post
              Gary, why don't you do an examination of the Aurich HJ badge and post your results? You never seem to post any physical evidence about any badge but are quick to condem others detailed examinations. Or present any evidence to support your opinions. You ask many questions of others but your own research is lacking.
              Good point and well taken. If I had the computer skills to show the results of my examinations with 7x and 14 power loupes I would post them. All I can say is based on my personal examinations that I make my claims for whatever it is worth.

Now, I did find near the end of Jo's video #4 on the HJ badge, he did deal with the HA Herman Aurich marked badges. However, all he showed was a screen shot of the suspect badges on a salesman's card from some wesbsite, and claimed not surpringly that they were fake.

Nowhere has Mr. Rivett actually taken a HA marked badge, and put it through his trusty microscope. Once Jo actually does exactly that examine in detail and prove that it is a casting or whatever and put together with spit and bouble gum, can it be claimed that Jo has outed the HA's.

Jo, I'm sure that you are reading this, and in all fairness, start examining apples to apples and oranges to oranges, and to out the Deschler fake had nothing to do with the HA. Right, Jo?

It should be easy to find an HA marked badge. After all the fakers are going to be pumping them for the suckers to buy and you should have no trouble to obtain one for examination. Or will you find one? Strangely enough they are not readily available. I wonder why?
              Last edited by Gary Symonds; 01-02-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Gary, what has your examinations with your loupe shown you about the Aurich HJ badge?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tucker View Post
                  Gary, what has your examinations with your loupe shown you about the Aurich HJ badge?
                  Mike, they are die struck and have real honest to goodness revets and the enameling and fit and finish is period quality.

Nothing like the POS fake Deschler that Jo has outed.

BFD!

By the way I own and have read all of your great books.

Wish I could say I’m an author!

Well, I did write the article in Dietrich’s magazine on the Black Light Test he has posted, but nothing like your efforts.
                  Last edited by Gary Symonds; 01-03-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Gary, thank you for the compliments; I'm glad you enjoyed the books. I just found out that Jo Rivet's next video concerns the Aurich HJ badge. I think it should be interesting!

Comment

Here are a couple new videos by Jo Rivett that may be of interest to the owners of the HA Marked HJ Ausländer Badge . Looks like the Deschler version and the Aurich version are both undeniably cast fakes.

https://youtu.be/stzA5CEPWHU

https://youtu.be/wasSBrwo5Dk

Comment

The only badge I'm sure is real is the one in post 3 on the pretty girl's chest. Of course I would still suggest a hands-on examination.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                          The only badge I'm sure is real is the one in post 3 on the pretty girl's chest. Of course I would still suggest a hands-on examination.
                          No hand's on examination BrianK: she possibly would say "Me Too".
                          From available photos I am aware there are at least 10-12 of these badges granted in Norway and the Netherlands.
                          I would not know where to find a sample in a Dutch collection!

Comment

I've seen them on several websites over the years. E Medals has had a lot of them.
                            Last edited by Rickser; 02-14-2019, 01:22 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

hands on

Brian do you mean the badge or the chest .Recon it may be to late for her mate.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X