• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler in Glass

Has anyone seen one of these before?
    Attached Files

Hello Ron,
    Interesting you show this piece today. I just bought one very much like the one you show. I believe I have seen a few of these in the past at various auction sites but never paid to much attention to them until I saw this one for sale on the e-stand. It reminds me of the little glass profiles of Hitler, I believe those small ones are WHW pieces.
    I have attached a picture of mine, don't know how clear it is but there is no damage or anything on mine either
    Duzig(Bill)
    Attached Files

Comment

What size is yours?

Comment

Hello,
        My piece is about 5 inches high by 4 inches wide

Comment

One sold on Estand last week

Comment

Never seen these art glass pieces before...very nice!

Br. James

Comment

Yes, mine is that size also. Mine was veteran purchased about 25 years ago

Comment

Ron & all,
                Thanks for that bit of info Ron and also nice to see yours has a label on it. I don't speak German but the translation of the word zugelassen I get as "authorized". If the translation is as I mentioned would this item be a piece that was authorized for sale by the party(in 1934) as opposed to lots of other kitsch available before the nsdap took power?
                again thanks
                Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Note the label date is kind of interesting also.

Comment

Right before the RPT

Comment

Didn't even think of the date in that sense. I would imagine these might have been sold as souveniers perhaps during the party day celebration then?

Comment

I don't remember ever seeing one of these before. Being made of glass, I would imagine many were accidentally, or intentionally, broken. Very nice! I saw the one on the estand but it was already sold, of course!
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X