Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased German Eagle Order 5th Class without Swords for review

Hello,

I'd appreciate all opinions on this cased German Eagle Order 5th Class without swords.

Regards,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Beautiful original.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Tim, can you please post some high definition close-up scans of this set?

cheers
      Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        Beautiful original.

Bob Hritz
        Agree!

Comment

nice

Looks ok .
          As Peter J has said better pics will always be good.
          question does it have the stamping to the top of ball over fan.
          sometimes we see sets that for some reason have been accidently mixed up.
          Regards Pete
          Attached Files

Comment

The maker mark on top of the ball is typical of the Orders of third class of 1939-1943, nevertheless it presents / displays mark and the ring "900 21" or that seems to me to see.

It is a strange specimen for this reason ... the case does not belong to this specimen since the inner legend is clearly "V. Klasse mit Schwertern" (with swords).

The closure of this case does not just like me if we compare it with a case closure used by the copies of Godet although you should see the case with more detailed photos

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

You have to add, as my friend Peter says, that not everything is said about the German Eagle Order ..... it is possible that there were cases manufactured with closures of another manufacturer and that is why there is such a difference with a standard case. I would like to see more details of this case

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the comments so far. I have requested additional photos. Hopefully, I'll have some to post this evening.

Regards,
                  Tim

Comment

Tim, I assume this set is not in your possession and that the potential seller hasn't yet provided you with better images?

Several opinions presented, but only one reservation based on the available images. Great observation Jesus

cheers
                    Peter

Comment

I do not want to risk saying that I am right but this is my opinion based on the photographs provided:

1-The Order is in fact a third class of 1939-1943 to which a ribbon and ring of a 5th class of 1943-1945 has been put later to complete it because surely the Cross did not have a ribbon. This would explain that it shows the typical marking of a third class but has a ring marked as a 5th class of 1943-45.

2-The case clearly is not from this cross because it is for a 5th class with swords.

It is also necessary to study in detail the type of closure of the case since it does not correspond to the closures used in the Godet cases.

I can be wrong but this is my impression

Comment

Jesus, I think your reservations about both the decoration and case are legit. I only wish we could have better images, because this is an intigueing set and not textbook as we are accustomed to. With that said, an elaboration would be futile. For the record, the ribbon is attached the wrong way.

cheers
                        Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X