SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brigadeführer tunic - SA-Führung or Feldherrnhalle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brigadeführer tunic - SA-Führung or Feldherrnhalle?

Hello all,

I was wondering if somebody could please clarify what exactly this uniform is that I have here. Is this SA-Führung or Feldherrnhalle?

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Didn't the Feldherrnhalle wear a special cufftitle?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Didn't the Feldherrnhalle wear a special cufftitle?

Br. James
      something as simple as that and I completely overlooked the obvious.

So what was the role of the SA-Führung then?

William Kramer

Comment

Hi William,

The SA-Führung was the senior leadership of the SA -- the Office of the SA-Stabschef and his staff and the various departmental heads which served beneath the Stabschef, together with their staffs.

Br. James

Comment

sa fuhrer

can you post some pics of the underside of the collar tab stitching and more pics of the shoulder seam where the boards are sewn in please?

Comment

sa fuhrer

also, any provenance?

Comment

Traditionally, I believe, Feldhernnhalle , will have a collar tab on the left side similar to below. This tunic looks to be a Brigadeführer from SA Fuhrung. However, the picture of the collar tab, it appears that the pipping is gold, it may just be the picture, but if i'm not mistaken, the piping should be silver cord.

Comment

Originally posted by SA-Standarte View Post
                However, the picture of the collar tab, it appears that the pipping is gold, it may just be the picture, but if i'm not mistaken, the piping should be silver cord.
                what you are seeing is the contrast from the 1944 pattern tabs which are silk bordered vs. the standard twisted silver cord from aluminum/bullion wire.

William Kramer

Comment

The higher ranks didn't wear the FHH insignia on their collar but did wear the normal mirrored oakleaves. This guy's cap is interesting--that looks like a metal eagle on the side of the cap, judging by its thickness and shadow.

I'd also like to see the collar reverse and closer shots of the shoulder headseams. These late collar tabs were apparently not widely distributed and/or not often purchased or worn--at least I haven't been able to find more than a few photos showing them in wear. All of the examples of these late tabs I've owned have been unworn. I've always been suspicious of any tunic badged with these.
                  Erich
                  Last edited by Erich B.; 12-03-2018, 03:52 PM.
                  Festina lente!

Comment

William, it might be possible to ID the wearer of the SA uniform from his ribbon bar. Why don't you take a close up of it and ask others on here if it is special enough to ID the owner?

Comment

Tunic

Agree......the tab piping appears to be the later, white rayon material that has discolored.
                      IMO, not the correct tab color for Feldherrnhalle, which is a more purplish or magenta color.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X