AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deutschland Ist Erwacht Turplakette - Thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutschland Ist Erwacht Turplakette - Thoughts??

Coming to the Forum for thoughts on this - please be tough, as always!

Enamel on steel - 150mm in diameter.

Best pics I have posted - can get some close-ups of spalling if that will help.

Much appreciate,
    Gary Munson
    Attached Files

If my memory serves me correct, it is not pictured in the W. Saris book. That could be a good sign as in most cases when I try to help someone with these enamel signs I must disappoint the owner with the news that the enamel sign in question is pictured in the "fake"pages of the book. So it could be the very rare genuine stuff...

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to review and comment.

Enamel signs are always tough for me, even more so after seeing some really good fakes at the Max Show in 2017.

I was leaning towards believing this to be original given the wording; the "Ist-" was added into some advertising pieces I have seen that were produced post 1933 election. The post-war produced pieces usually stick with "Deutschland Erwache" - never seen the "Ist-" added in.

Thank you, again
      Gary

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
      If my memory serves me correct, it is not pictured in the W. Saris book. That could be a good sign as in most cases when I try to help someone with these enamel signs I must disappoint the owner with the news that the enamel sign in question is pictured in the "fake"pages of the book. So it could be the very rare genuine stuff...

Regards, Wim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X