SA Kepi For Opinions Please
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

The kepi itself looks fine although the sweatband is obviously replaced, or, at least, resewn. The Tresse--is it 1 cm wide? If so, I would say the Tresse and piping are most likely original. I would also check the Tresse, white thread, and piping core under UV light. With the Tresse, you're looking for any glow from the inside white threads also.
          Erich
          Last edited by Erich B.; 09-19-2018, 02:51 PM.
          Festina lente!

Comment

SA Kepi

Here are a few more pics re the sweatband. The piping is 1 cm. Thanks, mark.
            Attached Files

Comment

+1

Comment

Original kepi upgraded with original material . When ?
                Nick

Comment

Provided the thread used to sew on the piping and Tresse is period, I would see no reason to doubt that it could certainly have been applied to the kepi pre-45. The method of application okay. If someone located original Tresse and piping and applied it correctly, it would be difficult to tell when the sewing had been done without lab testing.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Kepi

Tresse looks to be tacked on by hand. Is this tresse normally machine sewn or is it also hand applied on period pieces?

Comment

Sometimes by machine, but usually by hand. To sew on the Tresse, a special sewing machine would have to be used, since a standard machine can't stitch sideways. Most tailors or seamstresses would not have need of a specialized machine, so would have to hand stitch the Tresse. Or the member may have sewed it himself or had an acquaintance do the hand sewing work.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X