Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldherrnhalle Event Ticket Nov 1935 ?

hi,

just got this ticket for some event at the Feldherrnhalle in November 1935.

is anybody familiar with tickets like these? any idea what event they were for?

cheers, del.
    Attached Files

Most probably the swearing in ceremony for new recruits of the SS and perhaps party and other formations. I know the new recruits were sworn in at Midnight at the Feldherrnhalle before the Nov 9 ceremony.

Comment

This is a ticket to one of a series of events which took place over the period of November 7-9, 1935 comprising that year's Putsch ceremonies. The overall flow of the events over this period began with the gathering together of the recently disinterred remains of the sixteen "Putsch Martyrs" who fell at the Feldherrnhalle and the Bavarian War Ministry Building on November 9, 1923; the remains were ceremonially brought to the Feldherrnhalle and placed into sixteen bronze sarcophagi which awaited them in the historic building; the transporting of the sarcophagi to the newly-completed Temples of Honor located on the Königsplatz nearby; and the final ceremony of dedication of these memorial buildings by Hitler.

This ticket was specifically for the event which took place at midnight on Friday, November 8, 1935 when Hitler arrived to pay his respects to his fallen comrades. Hitler arrived at the Odeonsplatz at midnight and mounted the steps alone, slowly moving among the sarcophagi as if to greet each "martyr" individually. He stood for a moment in silence, his head bowed, and then returned to his Mercedes and sped away. This ticket entitled the bearer to witness this specific event. Throughout the night sixteen Hitler Youth stood guard at the sarcophagi while the faithful and the curious filed past the bodies.

The following day the sarcophagi were ceremonially transported from the Feldherrnhalle to the Temples of Honor for the final event in this series, honoring the sixteen "Putsch Martyrs."

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for the correction Br. James, I hadn't paid attention to the 1935 date. Only the midnight time.

Comment

Not a problem, Joe! This event in November 1935 was the most elaborate of all the Putsch Anniversary Celebrations and this ticket stub is a wonderful artifact...even more historic than a ticket stub from one of the RPTs! I'm delighted to have seen it here!

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

thanks to Br. James for the fantastic details of the event.

glad i picked this up. didn't have a clue what it was for.

cheers, del.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X