Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA-Oberführer tabs and matching board

SA-Oberführer tabs and board
    shoudn't the tabs be twisted by gilded wire ?
    General thoughts are welcome...
    Attached Files

fdcvnbn
    Attached Files

Comment

ober

can we get a better shot of the lead seal?
      looks nice!

Comment

alp

interesting in that the board has the gold and silver rayon cords but on the Gruppe color for Alpenland rather than a Waffenfarbe-related underlay. SA insignia is a maze of contradictions.

Comment

Interesting pieces! I think it is for a member of SA group staff and in zhat the piping comes in silver or gold - depends on the group. So I think the piping is right.
          Best, Thomas

Comment

I've never seen a Muster set of tabs connected to a shoulderboard--usually the tab set would be tied and sealed and either a single or set of shoulder boards would be sealed separately.
            By the time this 2nd type board was put into service, I believe the metal oak leaves for the tabs were no longer being produced nor supposed to be used.
            Erich
            Last edited by Erich B.; 09-17-2018, 03:52 PM.
            Festina lente!

Comment

alpenland set

yes eb. but i think the individual pieces are period. even tho this style of eichenlaub is not my favorite.

Comment

I agree--all of the pieces appear to be original however I would want to look closely at the Muster seal and cording.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Here are some additional pics.
                  Attached Files

Comment

dffdreer
                    Attached Files

Comment

The RZM Muster seals I've seen are not cast lead but were made of 2 stamped metal concave discs that were crimped together with the cord running through. The cord also ran through a pierced metal alloy disc with stamped numbering and a date code that identified the item.
                      I've got a lot of RZM bulletin photocopied files (not as many as I would like) but don't currently have the time to go through to see if there is mention of a seal like this one.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

I've got a lot of RZM bulletin photocopied files (not as many as I would like) but don't currently have the time to go through to see if there is mention of a seal like this one.
                        it's a pity for me
                        but thank you anyway for your interesting feedback Erich

Comment

I have a muster NSDAP cap eagle with just the flat lead RZM seal like this and a twine cord (no aluminum disc). RZM on one side - company mark on the other.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X