Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Feldjager Korps Gorget

Hi friends

I had luck to got this very rare SA Feldjager Korps gorget,Abteilung Frankfurt/Main.
    Perfect condition.SA Feldjager Korps existed only in the years 34-35.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that is a stunner (and in my kind of condition...)
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

A nice original. Congratulation!
        Best, Thomas

Comment

Great gorget is shown here.
          Especially the backing, with the same material as in use by the Luftaufsicht. The
          Junckers marking is superb! I had not seen one with the hole in the tang!

In my opinion (and I think it is possible), this high numbered gorget was not in
          use by the SA-Feldjägerkorps, but by the "motorisierte Strassenpolizei/motorisierte
          Gendarmerie), in which the FJK was incorporated with the date November 1, 1935.

Gorgets were taken over and so could be worn by a member from the FJK, as well
          as the motorisierte Gendarmerie (see my book about gorgets where a guy is wearing
          the same numbered gorget for both: pages 127 and 132).

Comment

Thanks for everything, guys.It is absolutly not my area so thanks for all infos and opinions.I collect only GD...so the gorget is not really for my collection so I have decided to put it next time to e stand.
            Regards
            Seba

Comment

Originally posted by FBB View Post
              Hi friends

I had luck to got this very rare SA Feldjager Korps gorget,Abteilung Frankfurt/Main.
              Perfect condition.SA Feldjager Korps existed only in the years 34-35.

Ringkragen is from either Standort Frankfurt/Main, or Marburg, Kassel, Koblenz or Trier.

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
              Great gorget is shown here.
              Especially the backing, with the same material as in use by the Luftaufsicht. The Junckers marking is superb! I had not seen one with the hole in the tang!

In my opinion (and I think it is possible), this high numbered gorget was not in use by the SA-Feldjägerkorps, but by the "motorisierte Strassenpolizei/ motorisierte Gendarmerie), in which the FJK was incorporated with the date November 1, 1935.

Gorgets were taken over and so could be worn by a member from the FJK, as well as the motorisierte Gendarmerie (see my book about gorgets where a guy is wearing the same numbered gorget for both: pages 127 and 132).

Wim, if this high number gorget was not used by the SA-FJK, then do you mean it was made for the "mot.Strassenpolizei"? This I doubt. After all, the FJK was in the police by April 1935 in most respect. They were wearing police insignia so this high number gorget was FJK and carried to the police.

Comment

I have not found any evidence for high numbers for the FJK, so I guessed the gorget was for the police force.
                Can you state with an official document high numbers for the FJK Joe, higher then 250 or so?

Comment

No. '462' here:

https://www.sammlermarkt-nord.net/sh...en-p-5899.html

and '283' here (post no. 8):

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=322642

Best regards,

Joerg

Comment

Thanks/Danke!

Now I remember having seen the one with 283 a while ago, but the other one with the high number is great to have a look at!

Comment

Wim, going through my FJK notes, I found an article titled “Das Feldjägerkorps” in “Der Deutsche Polizeibeamte” Nr .5 of 1936, S.163, that discussed the party make-up of the FJK. The article concluded with the “Gesamtstärke des FJK am 1.11.1935”. The Kopfzahl listed was 3159. Assuming each of the thirty-nine Standorts listed in April 1935 had at least 100 men, then the larger Abteilungen could have issued consecutively numbered gorgets up to the number 600. Or perhaps, they were number consecutively per each Standort which would result in lower numbers. I do think the merger of the FJK into the police was considered early and then quickly implemented, so that at times they wore SA uniforms but with the police insignia on the cap. I suppose we each have our conjecture based on our notes and references.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                        Wim, going through my FJK notes, I found an article titled “Das Feldjägerkorps” in “Der Deutsche Polizeibeamte” Nr .5 of 1936, S.163, that discussed the party make-up of the FJK. The article concluded with the “Gesamtstärke des FJK am 1.11.1935”. The Kopfzahl listed was 3159. Assuming each of the thirty-nine Standorts listed in April 1935 had at least 100 men, then the larger Abteilungen could have issued consecutively numbered gorgets up to the number 600. Or perhaps, they were number consecutively per each Standort which would result in lower numbers. I do think the merger of the FJK into the police was considered early and then quickly implemented, so that at times they wore SA uniforms but with the police insignia on the cap. I suppose we each have our conjecture based on our notes and references.
                        Re-considering I think this is correct and an Abteilung numbered through.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this FJK information and, to FBB, the photos of that rare gorget!
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X