X2 Political Eagles for review Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X2 Political Eagles for review Please

Are these two examples original?.Thank you for taking the time to view. kind regards Gary
    Attached Files

Both original .
    Nick

Comment

Of course they are original.

Tom

Comment

I agree, both are as right as rain : 2 nice NSDAP M39 birds in gold (aluminum) & silver (cupal?) !

JC

Comment

Thank you for your time it is most helpful to me. all the very best Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
            I agree, both are as right as rain : 2 nice NSDAP M39 birds in gold (aluminum) & silver (cupal?) ! JC
            Both are okay, but are not the 1939 version, as this form already was introduced
            June 28, 1937 for the SA (order F 2b 13736). The "M"-expression is just nonsense.
            Germans never used this ever!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
              Both are okay, but are not the 1939 version, as this form already was introduced
              June 28, 1937 for the SA (order F 2b 13736). The "M"-expression is just nonsense.
              Germans never used this ever!
              I am well aware the "M" (which stands for "model") is not a period german expression but rather a modern term used by some collectors to differentiate the different variants/models

As for the 1937 vs 1939 variants I think you are wrong; the 1937 NSDAP/SA eagle variant does exist and is also a left facing eagle (second from top in attached pict and enlarged F & B pictures) but it has different proportions than the 1939 version (top in attached pict)...

Regards

JC
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                As for the 1937 vs 1939 variants I think you are wrong; the 1937 NSDAP/SA eagle variant does exist and is also a left facing eagle (second from top in attached pict and enlarged F & B pictures) but it has different proportions than the 1939 version (top in attached pict)... Regards JC
                No, I am not wrong. The eagle with the larger wingspan was the form as meant for the SA since mid-1937. The same eagle was also in use by the NS. Fliegerkorps,
                which came into being about the same time (vorn in der Mitte trägt man das neue SA-Hoheitszeichen: Bestimmungen über die Bekleidung des NSFK from September
                3, 1937).

The eagle you show with the somewhat shorter wings was already introduced in 1936, which then had the eagle's head turned to the right wing. This stand of the head
                was changed in 1937 due to a Hitler-order about the state and political eagle form. This eagle is being referred as a PO (Politische Organisation) version. This version
                was definitely changed in 1939 into the 1937-versions for the SA/NSFK and from then on in use by political leaders.
                Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 09-06-2018, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Interesting opinions from Jean and Wilheim.

Wilheim, you mentioned SA (order F 2b 13736) - what does that say?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                    Interesting opinions from Jean and Wilheim.
                    Wilheim, you mentioned SA (order F 2b 13736) - what does that say? Mil
                    See post 6: the introduction for the new eagle for the SA!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X