No announcement yet.

Propagandaministerium Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't say I've ever seen a RKK cap like this before!

William Kramer
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

As enorepap observed, the overseas cap is named to the German movie production company, UFA.
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

BTW, do any of you Political collectors have an example of the armband and/or metal disk worn by these guys?
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          As enorepap observed, the overseas cap is named to the German movie production company, UFA.
          Yes, and of course they had a number of Filmberichterstatter.
          Asked a number of guys if they own such armband, until now no person has one!
          I think the collector who owns one, has a treasure in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
            Yes, and of course they had a number of Filmberichterstatter.
            Asked a number of guys if they own such armband, until now no person has one!
            I think the collector who owns one, has a treasure in hand.

Courtesy of Wim, here is a closeup of one of these armbands in wear:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
              Can't say I've ever seen a RKK cap like this before!

William Kramer

Indeed...didn't know the Reichs Kultur Kammer (or the Propaganda Ministry for that matter) even had its own uniforms or headgear! Outstanding! The multifaceted areas of TR regalia never seems to end! Thanks for sharing this everyone.

Comment

I completely agree, Bob! Great to see these details! Someone should write a book titled "TR Uniforms You Didn't Know Existed!"

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Here is a period color photo of one of these uniforms in wear (Heldengedenktag, 1943). Note the armband is gray:
                  Attached Files
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

a pic of the elusive Bildberichterstatter armband from the UoE collection pictured in the 1985 Angolia book, "Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP & SA."
                    Unlike the above photo, the armband is red.
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      Unlike the above photo, the armband is red.
                      The description of the uniform and such, does not mention the color for the armband, which of course is a pity!
                      The only thing said is that the regular armband with swastika was NOT to be worn.
                      Further it is said the armband is to be worn when being in service.

Comment

Here's an example in the Jeff Cherriere collection. Found in Strasbourg, France. Bright red wool background, and red threads holding the shield on, so likely they have been together forever.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Kyle/Jeff, thanks for posting....
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

I'll admit that if I had seen this armband in a case at a show, I would have walked by it thinking it was a fantasy piece.
                            Somewhat odd stretched eagle, lettering uneven in a spot with a spacing problem.
                            Now I know. Thanks all!
                            Erich
                            Festina lente!

Comment

On the money, Erich -- I would have thought exactly the same! And it still looks a bit odd...!

Every day is a good day to learn something new on WAF!

Br. James

Comment

Definitely a weird shaped bird. The detail looks to be great on the eagle and swastika areas however. Would love to have one in hand.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X