Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diplomatic Tunic Paygroup 1

Hi guys.

I would like to know your opinions about this jacket.

I want to contribute my opinion in this regard:

1-It is surprising that the jacket shows buttons of the German Foreign Office and however the jacket is navy blue .... should be black for that period of time in which the regulations forced to wear this uniform.

2-It is surprising that a jacket that is part of the uniform of a group 1 official does not have what it takes to hang a dagger when the time required.

3-I am also surprised that the jacket does not show tailor or manufacturer labels.

4-It is strange that the pants do not show a golden line on the legs as it would correspond to a group official I

What do you think?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

pants
            Attached Files

Comment

Seller description:

Diplomatic Foreign Office Uniform

Tunic and pants for a higher ranking Foreign Office official serving in the Diplomatic service. Tunic is tailor-made from a deep navy blue high quality tricot wool and is an open collar, double breasted style with lower slant pockets and is a large size. There are loops for a long ribbon bar at the top and loops for numerous breast badges. Insignia consists of gold buttons with the Reich eagle surmounting a globe and a beautifully hand-embroidered gold wire eagle & wreath with a single star in the middle. According to the book by Jill Halcomb, this rank would be considered a Chief Official (Group 1). This would indicate the highest salary grade or “rank”. Accompanying the jacket is a pair of long pants in matching fabric. Jacket and pants are un-named. Condition is excellent with no damage or mothing.

Comment

The pants should be like these
                Attached Files

Comment

I must add that, from my point of view, the jacket appears to be of the time and appropriate for a government official even if the color of the fabric is not appropriate for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The sleeve badge looks good, the buttons are original but the details mentioned make me think of a montage or an official who used his previous jacket and added the new buttons that came into force after the new regulations although that does not explain the absence of labels and the absence of a pendant and slit in the pocket for the dagger.

Also those pants without line on the leg of the pants I doubt very much that they have ever belonged to a government official or Diplomat

Comment

No opinions about it?

Comment

another detail:

Members of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs did not wear badges embroidered in gold.

The badges embroidered in gold are those of the officers appointed by the General Government of Poland from other Ministries.

Only the Minister of Foreign affairs (von Ribbentrop) used badges embroidered with gold wire.

The Ribbentrop badge did not look anything like that ... among other details, it lacked a star and was embroidered directly on the sleeve of the jacket and not as a patch stitched afterwards.

My conclusion: It's a montage

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X