Political Plaque for opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Plaque for opinions please

Hello all, I came across this at a local flea market. I have no idea what it is but it was intriguing. Can you kind folks please enlighten me as to what it is and if it's authentic or....Thanks in advance for your time and opinions. They are much appreciated.

It has nail holes in three places and you can see where it was ripped off of a wall as the side nail holes were ripped free (see photos). I understand that this is not any kind of guarantee of authenticity, just pointing it out to those who would give their opinions. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Broome; 03-06-2018, 12:04 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This would have been a sourvenir to commemorate the mahnmal monument. The three holes would have been used to affix a pin onto a wooden board.
              I agree with your observation that the metal part (which you have shown) has been prised open from the base and as a result has cracks in the metal. Some of the original finishing is still there. Nice original.

Mil

Comment

This is nice, original piece. Would display well with other political items. Ill be headed to Munich in a few months and will visit where the real one once stood!

Sydney

Comment

Originally posted by squidney86 View Post
                  This is nice, original piece. Would display well with other political items. Ill be headed to Munich in a few months and will visit where the real one once stood!

Sydney
                  Went to MUNICH last year ...did a ww2 bicycle tour with family ...saw it ,and many other interisting sites ...well worth it .. EC

Comment

First off, thank you very much for your time and opinions guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to post.

Is this a rare item? I would like to buy it but I have no idea what the value is. Anyone have any ideas what I should pay for an item like this? Thanks again for the posts.

Comment

When complete with the wooden backing and with the finish, I'd call it scarce rather than rare. With the damage, I'd guess the metal portion would be worth $75.00 to $100.00. That's, of course, just a guess about market value.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                        When complete with the wooden backing and with the finish, I'd call it scarce rather than rare. With the damage, I'd guess the metal portion would be worth $75.00 to $100.00. That's, of course, just a guess about market value.
                        Erich
                        Thanks Erich. Much appreciated.

Comment

You should go there in the summer though Freezing cold now !!

Ibrahim,
                          Singapore.
                          ---------------------------
                          Looking for all relevant info & items on WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
                          http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X