Felt wool NSDAP Armband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felt wool NSDAP Armband

So I went out on a limb with this armband. The white field does not glow under a black light the red has a very very slight neon under the black light. Now the material that makes up the swaz and disc look good. The swaz is symmetrical and embroidered on cotton and centered to the band then hand sewn onto the band. It has a few tac threads that appear to be brown. There is not much of a scent to the wool and the feeling of it is a bit different, it's like more stiff than my other RZM type armbands or my veterans armband. Personally it looks like it took some work to make this armband. Just would like to get opinions on it? Thanks.
    Attached Files

More photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I'm posting to my own thread. I know that many collectors are quick to dismiss felt armbands. I am now looking into different types of felt, the structure, and history of the product. I had no idea that felt is a product not specific to a material or combination of materials. Felt has been around for thousands of years including wool felt. I'm not going into the different processes for producing felt as there are many new and old. you should look up origins for the slang "Mad Hatter". It is very interesting. When I first received this armband my initial reaction was the band material was fake. I no longer believe it is the case nor willing to accept it is period yet. Though, the more I look into the armband construction; With all info I gathered it very well could be legit. It is hard to tell without a solid province I know. I am put on the edge. When I get my microscope and compile collected info, I will post again. Anyone with opinions or photos please add and reply. Felt armbands are illusive, I don't believe all are post war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X