Identification from a Plague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identification from a Plague

I got this Medal/Plague and i have no clue what it is. Maybe someone here can help me out on this one.

WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

This is an award -- probably Third Class, given that this piece is in Bronze -- from a competition which took place in Munich, capital of Gau München-Oberbayern. There is nothing on the medallion to indicate the date or the type of the competition, so this style of award was used throughout the years of the Third Reich.

A very nice piece.

Br. James

Comment

It was offered to me to buy it. Do you have any Value what this would be worth today? Because i do not find any other anywhere in the Net it is a bit hard to put some money down.

Comment

Sorry, but I never discuss pricing. What matters to me is what the seller is asking; that will tell me whether I want the piece or not! It's an unusual artifact, but since it is not attached to any specific date or organization, it may not be attractive to a wide variety of collectors.

Best of luck, and a hearty WELCOME among us! It's good to have you here on WAF!

Br. James

Comment

The words on the medal say:

„To the winner“ (Dem Sieger)

„In Appreciation - The Capitol of the Movement“ (In Anerkennung - Die Hauptstadt der Bewegung)

It shows the city crest of Munich.

As Br. James already said. There are no indicators on the medal for which reason it was awarded.

Is there maybe anything printed on the edge of the medal?

Comment

Thank you for the Translation, but i am from Salzburg, we talk as far as i know German here

No there is nothing at the edge. I know it is some kind of award for some Sport Event i think. But because there is not one similar anywhere to find it is maybe something rare. It looks great when you have it in hand, very heavy. And the Details are very well done, so it not look like anything mass produced. The Seller wants 250 Euro, so not a that much but too much if it is just a mass award what everyone get if he run around a house...

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
              Thank you for the Translation, but i am from Salzburg, we talk as far as i know German here ...

LOL ... I used Tapatalk, which only shows the name, but not the location.

However, maybe other readers of this thread, who don’t speak German, would like to know the meaning of these words on the medal

Comment

Exactly and was very nice from you to translate it...i was just joking SO thank you again that you translate it. That thing is a bit a mystery...from the look is logic what it should be, but strange that nowhere else one of these show up....so it is maybe not that much produced at all....

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
                LOL ... I used Tapatalk, which only shows the name, but not the location.

However, maybe other readers of this thread, who don’t speak German, would like to know the meaning of these words on the medal

Comment

IMHO 250 euro is too much as request in spite be a nice badge.

Comment

I think the same, but who knows. Because there is not any other who look like this..maybe its one of a kind personal award given from Adolf to one Super Sport Solider

Comment

You are free to believe that if you want to...! Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Of interest is the fact that the design is such as to not allow for any inscription of, for example, a date, the type of competition, the place (third) for which the medal was given, etc. It seems to be complete as it is with no intention of adding anything at a later date or when awarded.
                        Richard V

Comment

I agree that the price is too high for this piece-IMO it should be priced at about 1/2 the asking price.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X