RMBO Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RMBO Tunic

One of the stranger experiences of 2017 was sorting through a series of abandoned storage units, and uncovering some interesting militaria which was scattered among the mountains of empty scope mouthwash bottles, broken computers, old love letters, stripper outfits (yes, you read that right) and other debris. Best item was a WWI German sniper face shield, but there were also a few Third Reich pieces, including this one. In what little I can find online, I see RMBO rank designated by collar tabs alone. However, unless I am misreading the limited information available within ""In the Service of the Reich", it seems that in addition to moving the big eagle from the right breast to the left sleeve, they may have flirted briefly with shoulder straps. I am wondering if anyone here has any further clues on this coat that I might pursue to determine if the straps are correct for the coat. I sincerely appreciate any guidance that you might be able to offer.
    Attached Files

Aahh , please correct me if I'm wrong,,,but I've always called this 'the Eastern Peoples Jacket'...

You see them at shows but they are usually unissued. They are nice looking jackets. Prices on what I call the unissued / meaning they only thing on them is the sleeve eagle and unworn, they're always around $700 give or take..

This could be the proper shoulder board for an officer. I'm sure someone will come in and help,,or a net search will find you something..
    I've always liked how they looked,,this is a nice one. Good luck with it and your searches..

Comment

I have to say that is probably one of the poorest sewing jobs I have ever seen on a sleeve eagle.
      Richard V

Comment

It also seems like the shoulder boards are not in the middle of the shoulder...
        Cannot remember seeing this type of shoulder boards before... So who knows?
        Best, Thomas

Comment

I think the sewing of the boards is okay--when the tunic is being worn, the boards face slightly to the front, which is seen in some period photos of military tunics and SA tunic at least. The eagle is pretty poorly sewn but it's not the worst I've seen. I wouldn't consider it a replacement necessarily.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

I do not like the stitching of the eagle ... all I've seen, including my jacket and my coat have hand-sewn eagles
            Attached Files

Comment

As for the shoulder boards, I've never seen shoulder boards of this type in an RMBO jacket.

The first model jacket had shoulder boards but were the same light color of the jacket and without any braid.

In addition this jacket had the eagle in the chest and not in the arm.

In my opinion it is a clumsily modified jacket to make it more interesting.

Images of the RMBO jacket model 1 of my book "Ministries of the Reich"
              Attached Files
              Last edited by marisca lrommel; 01-04-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

The chest eagle of type A 1St design jackets is different from the eagles we see in the sleeves.

This is a very rare eagle of a jacket 1St design from the collection of a good friend of mine
                Attached Files

Comment

Rosenberg with a 1St design uniform.

Note that the shoulder boards do not have any kind of braiding
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much! I will have to pick up a copy of that book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                    X