Glassware for review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glassware for review!

Hello all , I have seen these on FB and a few other auction sites and was wondering if there is any credible evidence that these pieces are third Reich or fantasy? Thank you kindly in advance for you input!
    Best regards,
    Jesse
    Attached Files

I'd be interested to see ANY evidence that purported to establish any of these glasses as original to the TR era. But until I do, I continue to believe that all of these pieces are post-war creations, most probably of "Fourth Reich" origin.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      I'd be interested to see ANY evidence that purported to establish any of these glasses as original to the TR era. But until I do, I continue to believe that all of these pieces are post-war creations, most probably of "Fourth Reich" origin.

Br. James
      I tend to agree with you 100%. I just thought I would post for further insight. It would be a great collection if it did indeed belong to the TR but you know the old saying “seems to good to be true”

Comment

Amen, my friend!

Cheers, and a very Happy New Year,

Br. James

Comment

Patriotic and beer and wine related enameled glassware has been produced for over 125 years at least. Some have the image applied with a decal which is sometimes enhanced with hand enameling; some are decaled only, some are completely hand-enameled. If you can study the old pieces, the newer ones will be pretty obviously fake. Since many of the fakes are enhanced old glass pieces, you really have to be familiar with older style ornamented methods.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X