SA collar tabs - Group Weichsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA collar tabs - Group Weichsel

I just acquired these collar tabs from an online auction where they were identified as being from SA Group Bavarian Ostmark. Not only are they not from Bayerische Ostmark, they are not even the right color for that Group, since they are the blue grey usually associated with Group Sudeten. However, these have the drapery cord wartime piping in white, rather than yellow gold which would be for Group Sudeten. In checking, SA unit 147 is from the city of Elbing, Germany, which was in Western East Prussia, about 35 miles East of Danzig and thus, part of SA Group Weichsel.

What I found interesting was an explanation of the fate of Elbing, Germany after the war. The city is now Elblag, Poland. When the Russians came into the city after the war, they either murdered the Germans or removed them from the City and resettled it with Poles. In fact, the Russians bulldozed the German cemeteries to remove any presence of the German presence in the history of the city. So, if only these tabs could talk and tell their story. Check out the city's history on the web! How quickly we forget.

Looking for an SA Group Weichsel sports shirt insignia with the Group initials to go with this set.
    Attached Files

I saw these when they came up. The two different colored pips are always seem strange to me but you see it a lot. Congrats on your score.

Comment

Tabs

In the 1st pic in Post #1, they look reddish-brown.............
      Are you sure they're not from Alpenland?
      In the 2nd pic, they look dark grey.

Comment

SA Standarte 148 was in Elbing in Gruppe Ostland, which later became Gruppe Tannenberg. The tab should be dark wine-red with gold/yellow piping. I sure don't see any grey!

Comment

I see a grey/blue like color. Its probably dependent on what sort of device youre looking at them on.

Comment

Standarte 148 (Westpreußen) from Elbing turned over from Ostland to Weichsel in 1940. Gruppe Ostland become Gruppe Tannenberg long after that.

This set is very nice and completly corresponding for Gruppe Weichsel.

Best,
            Laurens

Comment

Someone is confused and I don't think it is me? Ostland was always Ostland until it was renamed Tannenberg. Weichsel color was associated with Sudetenland:

https://translate.google.com/transla...no=2&sandbox=1

Comment

Originally posted by ebj View Post
                Someone is confused and I don't think it is me? Ostland was always Ostland until it was renamed Tannenberg. Weichsel color was associated with Sudetenland:

https://translate.google.com/transla...no=2&sandbox=1
                SA-Gruppe Weichsel was built in March 20 th 1940 when old units of Brigade 5 (Westpreußen) and Brigade 6 (Danzig) der Gruppe Ostland together with new conquered areas (or like the Germans said, befreiten Gebiet) formed the new SA-Gruppe Weichsel wich was commanded by Gruppenführer Otto Ivers.

Best,
                Laurens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X