oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grimminger's 1st type BO (the other one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grimminger's 1st type BO (the other one)

Too bad this thread got closed: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=242861

Anyway, here it is now, from the one-and-only Josef Grimminger:

If the pictures don't load, you may want to check Carten Zeige's latest auction catalog page 104, item #284.

Save
    Save
    Last edited by der-hase-fee; 03-12-2017, 03:30 PM. Reason: added more picture links

Controversial to say the least.

Comment

Ein Leidiges Thema.

The alamy images of Zee Führer`s own special copy are much better quality.

Comment

Why was the other thread closed?

Mil

Comment

Can't beat the Maurice one where the 990 silver content stamp moves from one side to the other. Nazi magic !!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy72 View Post
            Can't beat the Maurice one where the 990 silver content stamp moves from one side to the other. Nazi magic !!
            The Singer reverse shows it as it is.
            Just trying to picture this in a MMJ video. Would certainly be the longest and the funniest to date, and possibly the rudest as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
              The Singer reverse shows it as it is.
              Just trying to picture this in a MMJ video. Would certainly be the longest and the funniest to date, and possibly the rudest as well.
              Yeah , throw in the Hess with the happy face U in Munchen and the Three Stooges can feature in the next MMJ Production. Would love to see that but I am sure the big wigs involved have these safely tucked out of sight .

Comment

Yeah , throw in the Hess with the happy face U in Munchen and the Three Stooges can feature in the next MMJ Production. Would love to see that but I am sure the big wigs involved have these safely tucked out of sight .
                Oh it would be for the seven subscribers, giggles and that`s all, as these need to stay real for many reasons.

If you found a made in China stamp on each one, those who have sold & shilled them would go out of their way to convince you that made in China was good, and in fact undeniable proof that they are all real

And yes, these shift amoung the same few, so the chance one lands under my scope is zero. The chance that one lands under someone else`s scope....naaah, also zero

Comment

Still one of my funniest finds ever
                  Attached Files

Comment

Isn't the story on these these badges was that they were only given to select members of the Stosstruppe by Hitler? As far as i know, Grimminger was not a member of that group.

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                      Still one of my funniest finds ever
                      The photo, on the left is photoshopped.

Bob Hritz
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hi,

funny to see all of those gems coming from the mighty Hamburg.

See You

Vince
                        Attached Files

Comment

So gents, what is the outcome on this? It has been discussed before on the closed thread and now resurfaced with two Maurice badges (one maybe photoshopped?) interesting and whats the consensus on it? Personally again I do not like the quality of the badge being done, but just my opinion.

Mil

Comment

Relatively poor execution of the figures in the FHH as well as the lions look like something off a Pokemon card. It is amazing how items like this suddenly turn up with no story, just conjecture. As time goes on there is suddenly a concrete story as if these items were never in question as evidenced by the sales description. Now it is as if their purpose was known all along. Amazing that it is now somehow known these were given out on the eve of the 10th anniversary of the Putsch.
                            Richard V

Comment

Hi,

as far i understand the reply of Bob, it seemed that the first picture (left) of the Maurice badge was doctored on purpose to deceit possible fakers (sic).

Who can identify the edition/date of publication of the book "Deutsche Orden und Ehrenzeichen bis 1945" in which the Himmler prototype was presented for the first time ? Any picture available ?

If i'm right, a few weeks/months after the long discussion about the Maurice grouping, the owner (Bob Coleman) sold it to another collector who proposed it for sale on Gary Hendershott auction in the summer of 2015.

So the current outcome is that many respected collectors "don't want this one in their collection". This badge is very poorly made (not very good looking), and we are lacking "real" proofs (period pictures, drawings, and more testimonies, for example by Füss).

It would be interesting to have the name of the seller(s) who proposed no less than 3 badges on HH.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X