Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Party Badge

Hallo,
    I bought this GPB´s in a auction some times ago. Somebody said to me taht they are not ok.

What do you think.

Greetings Uli
    Attached Files

Both are fake.

Comment

For some unknown reason I am unable to view the photo attachment you've included with your note?? But for your current and future reference, our colleague here on WAF -- SJL -- maintains a fine and helpful website on the GPB, including the several well-known fakes, and this website is available at all times:

http://pages.interlog.com/~sjl/GPB/index.html

Please check it out when you have a moment!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        For some unknown reason I am unable to view the photo attachment you've included with your note?? But for your current and future reference, our colleague here on WAF -- SJL -- maintains a fine and helpful website on the GPB, including the several well-known fakes, and this website is available at all times:

http://pages.interlog.com/~sjl/GPB/index.html

Please check it out when you have a moment!

Br. James
        It's not a photo image James, it's a PDF. You have to have Adobe to view the scan of the auction page.

Comment

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your welcome advice. I do have Adobe but when I tried to view it previously, nothing happened. But now it's working fine and I can see the two badges.

I must agree with Erich that both badges are fakes, without any doubt. Well-made, but both are fakes -- the smaller one may be an example of the "Austrian Fake."

Br. James

Comment

Dear Uli,

I hope there is some way that you can get your money back...but in the event that you cannot, then I hope the amount you paid for this pair of fake GPBs was not too much!

Br. James

Comment

I have saved the same image of GPB set 85788 in my FAKES folder in November 2014.

Comment

Dear Uli,

I hope there is some way that you can get your money back..
                Can`t see that happening near on 3 years after he bough them......
                Herbstauktionen 2014 - €900 for both.

......although their site does offer a lifetime guarantee on authenticity... so maybe.....
                wir garantieren für die Echtheit bis zur Höhe des Kaufpreises ohne zeitliche Begrenzung!

Comment

Thanks, Jo, though what does a "lifetime guarantee" mean if not that there should be recourse now? But as with all such matters, how does a customer actually PROVE that he has purchased fake material?

Br. James

Comment

Thanks, Jo, though what does a "lifetime guarantee" mean if not that there should be recourse now? But as with all such matters, how does a customer actually PROVE that he has purchased fake material?

Br. James
                    Ooops James that was the "Big Wig" in me coming out there.. not Lifetime but rather they write "Unlimited".

Well this guy is in Germany, so quite possibly the auction house he bought it from works with or knows other dealers, or someone that their circle trust who offer CoAs. Maybe they could ask him to send it to one of these, to look at.

I know how i would do it. Because i have hours of micro videos of these fakes as well as genuines, I would just lay basic facts on the table that they could`nt argue against, like construction, material, and leave any reference to dealers, forums, blogs or collectors out of it.
                    Hit the "could be fake vs could be genuine" question from a scientific point alone.
                    And as with any product that is sold from a dealer or a company, if a product of their`s is returned, along with scientific research conducted on that product, supporting a claim or case, then people have to sit up and listen. Regardless if we are talking about a secret test carried out on a brand of Shampoo that has now "revealed" new info, or an expensive Award or Coin.

Comment

If it doesn't sell for minimum bid, shouldn't that be a warning sign ?

Comment

Hi,

for the WAF archives.

See You

Vince
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Should be "Klünker"...

Comment

Indeed Steven, a true "Klünker" to be sure! ... also would like to take a moment to thank you for your pioneering work on the Golden Party Badge and your website...through the years, a wonderful and needed reference for us collectors. Thank You!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X