Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this? ADV?

What is this??

I've never seen this pin before and though it could potentially be anything, it might possibly be:
    Alldeutscher Verband
    or
    Alldeutscher Verein

Both were highly nationalistic and anti-Semitic organizations.

I own a membership badge for the Alldeutcher Verband from the 1920's or 1930's and it looks nothing like yours, however, the group had been around since the late 1800's and could have had an earlier design.

I've never seen the membership pin for Georg von Schoernerer's Austrian based Alldeutscher Verein and I am not even sure they had one, but as almost all clubs, associations and political parties had membership pins, I'm fairly certain they did as well. One of the symbols associated with Schoernerer's group was the Blue corn flower and it appears that your pin has a garland of flowers.

Good luck with your search and let us know if you find out where the pin originated from!
    Last edited by SMV; 09-08-2016, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Do you have a photo of the reverse side?

Comment

SMV provides good possibilities; another might be the German-American Bund. The Bund used the initials "AV" in their logo, which stood for "Amerika-Deutsch Volksbund."

Of course, your pin may also have absolutely nothing to do with any facet of our hobby! An interesting question, though.

Br. James

Comment

The pin belonged to my great grandfather (who was Jewish and left Germany in 1938) so I really have no clue what it could be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stickfigure21 View Post
            The pin belonged to my great grandfather (who was Jewish and left Germany in 1938) so I really have no clue what it could be

That is an important bit of background information and might be of a better lead than the shear conjecture I presented. I doubt your Jewish G-Grandfather would have a pin from either of the two groups I mentioned. It's very important to list everything that you DO know about a piece before an inquiry for sure.

I think Br. James could be correct when he states "Of course, your pin may also have absolutely nothing to do with any facet of our hobby!"

So I think we are back to " it could potentially be anything"

Good luck with your family relic!

Comment

The Edelweiss around would indicate it from the Alpine region or bavaria..

the "V" could stand for Verein or Verband

as the D is larger it could well be "Deutscher Alpen Verein"
              http://www.alpenverein.de/

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                The Edelweiss around would indicate it from the Alpine region or bavaria..

the "V" could stand for Verein or Verband

as the D is larger it could well be "Deutscher Alpen Verein"
                http://www.alpenverein.de/

Thank you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X