BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS or SA uniformed men with Adolf Hitler cuff title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS or SA uniformed men with Adolf Hitler cuff title?

Could someone please tell me what uniform these men are wearing with the Adolf Hitler cuff title? Thanks

I dont know if there is a name for this kind of tunic, but I do know for a short period early on but after the time hitler spent in landsberg....the SS and SA both wore brown uniforms till the ss changed to black. This may be during that period, to me it resembles the Ike jacket, but is double breasted but is an SS tunic just the same. Kinda looks like a panzer wrap .
    Someone may have a name for the style, but its a interesting photo....is there more to tell where this may have been taken or is this all you have ?

Comment

Hello,

could it be "Adolf Hitler-Schulen" (Schools)-cufftitles? So those men would be teachers there?

Maybe someone can tell ...

Best

Max_Porter

Comment

The reverse of the photo is stamped by the photo shop and gives the area as Danzig.

Comment

Originally posted by Max_Porter View Post
          Hello,

could it be "Adolf Hitler-Schulen" (Schools)-cufftitles? So those men would be teachers there?

Maybe someone can tell ...

Best

Max_Porter
          they appear like teachers ...wearing spectacles rather than daggers hanging on thier side .. EC

Comment

Typically the permanent cadre at AHS locations wore the specific sleeve triangle reading AHS and the location, and shoulder straps piped in white with white AHS in script. A Shield shaped breast pocket insignia was also worn, misidentified as a "Standardbears" patch in Angolia's H.J.. Cuff titles were not used to identify AHS cadre or locations. The LBA did use cuff titles on their tunics, but none that I am personally aware of that read Adolf Hitler.

Comment

From my resource books that I was able to look through, I saw no mention of SA members wearing a cufftitle for Adolf Hitler. In Jill Holcomb's book "The SA: A Historical Perspective", on Page 190 there is a list of 26 different known cufftitle to be worn and the one from the picture here doesn't fall on that list!

Sydney

Comment

Interesting photo indeed,as a note they are all older men not a mix of ages,maybe some sort of old fighters group?

Comment

Could it say Adolf Hühnlein instead of Adolf Hitler? Maybe something from the Sudeten Gau?
                  Regards, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by planet View Post
                    Could it say Adolf Hühnlein instead of Adolf Hitler? Maybe something from the Sudeten Gau?
                    Regards, Thomas
                    I only see the Huhnlein cuff title in Sütterlinschrift. Was it done in a different script?

Comment

I really don't know. It's just that I can only read "Adolf H...". So it must not necessarily say Hitler. Hühnlein was just an other idea. Maybe we find other names which could fit.

Comment

check this..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X