Suspect looking armband ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspect looking armband ???

Anyone any info on this ? I,ve never seen it before. Could be a fantasy fake or a very scarce original ???

Any input ?

Marc
    Attached Files

Very interesting Marc!

My feeling would be its a sexed up band as i am unaware of any Hitler Youth members being part of the Einsatzgruppen!

Others here would no more but if its a good one id say thats a rare beast you have there

All the best,

Ross

Comment

Never seen before but looks good to me !
      Volkssturm direction ?
      Nick

Comment

Hello Marc,
        looks good to me - except that the letter "i" looks a little like a "j". But that might be a mistake from the manufacturer or printer. Both look similar.
        Could it be an armband for a HJ alarm unit which served after an airraid in bigger cities? Can You show us a closeup of the stamp?
        Best regards, Thomas

Comment

I don't like these armbands. I've seen and held them in hand. The Einsatzgefolgschaften were hand picked H.J. members and were required to keep a pristine uniform on hand for events that they were called to duty for. Nothing to do with volkssturm.

Here is a link to some discussion regarding another example of this armband.

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f77...s-armband-638/

Comment

Thank you guy's, As I own this armband since around 1980, it is probably one of these fantasy pieces made around the 1970's . But ... who knows, maybe a super rare piece no-one believes in ... Would not be the first time LOL Will post a close up of the stamp asap.
            Marc

Comment

It's does not appear that it is pattern of armband is certain one way or the other at this point. Shown in Angoilia's H.J. but his books are sometimes wildly incorrect. They were the best printed reference at the time. More period documentation is needed with images IMO to make a call on these for absolute certainty.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X