SA Gruppe Hochland Tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Gruppe Hochland Tinnie

Where did SA men wear these tinnies on their uniforms?

http://www.gielsmilitaria.com/index....roduct_id=3120

Can anyone show period pictures where similar tinnies are worn on uniforms?

Thanks
    Attached Files

tinnie

Wearer's left breast pocket. Sometimes on flap, even. Sometimes centered on pocket if no other awards are present. Sometimes worn on pocket just to viewer's left of center pleat.
    If you're putting this on a brownshirt or uniform, and don't want to poke holes in the pocket, you can run the pin through the top pleat of pocket so hole doesn't show. Besides the holes, the badge may discolor the fabric behind it.
    How about pics of what it's going on????
    Nice tinnie, BTW !!!

Comment

As I understand it, event badges, including RPT badges, were only to be worn on Party uniforms during the event itself, except in the few cases where certain event badges were recognized as honor badges. Though Hitler wore the 1933 RPT badge during the course of the events, he decided thereafter not to wear any additional badges in addition to the three that became his tradition to wear, even during the events themselves.

Do be mindful of what can happen if you leave badges pinned to uniforms over time. I well recall looking at some uniforms that I had pinned appropriate badges to and then hung in storage -- the weight of the badges had stretched the loops after hanging for a number of years. That was the last time I pinned badges to uniforms!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Tinnies

Br. James is correct. And he makes an excellent point. I have my brownshirt folded in a glass box. It's mostly lying flat, so I don't worry about the WWI EK1 weighing the pocket down.
        With the exception of the 1933 RPT, which was often solid brass, most tinnies are fairly light, at least.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
            Wearer's left breast pocket. Sometimes on flap, even. Sometimes centered on pocket if no other awards are present. Sometimes worn on pocket just to viewer's left of center pleat.
            If you're putting this on a brownshirt or uniform, and don't want to poke holes in the pocket, you can run the pin through the top pleat of pocket so hole doesn't show. Besides the holes, the badge may discolor the fabric behind it.
            How about pics of what it's going on????
            Nice tinnie, BTW !!!
            I'm not going to put it on a brown shirt, I'm not a uniform collector, I'm trying to complete my set of SA items: buckle and belt set, nsdap party badge, armband and collar tabs

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X