Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Armbands - Opinions please

Hi Guys,

I recently acquired a lot of armbands which contained these four strange examples. All four are multi-piece construction with RZM labels but I have never seen such carelessly applied swastikas. Are these fakes or just poorly produced examples?

Thanks for looking and for all comments,

All the best, Guy
    Attached Files

Detail of RZM labels.....
    Attached Files

Comment

RZM labels....
      Attached Files

Comment

Final pic.... Thanks for looking and for all comments
        Attached Files

Comment

They all came from the same production sequence it seems by the serial numbers. Look forward to seeing what others say.

Comment

Hey Guys,

109 views and no more comments? I would really appreciate opinions on these - I know there is so much expertise here. Many thanks, Guy

Comment

Just a question: the RZM tags are affixed to the exterior of the rear of each armband. Weren't RZM tags normally attached to the inside/underside of the armband by the manufacturer?

Br. James

Comment

Great point, Br.James. Also, if they were produced and came out looking this way, I feel as if tags would've never been fixed to it because they surely would've never used these armbands.

Comment

There are some odd looking RZM items out there. In some cases the odd items caused the RZM to revoke the makers permit for not meeting standards. These appear to be substandard to me when compared with other RZM items. That being said, according to the W. Saris reference "Hanbook of the Hitlerjugend", which lists RZM makers by Hersteller number and dates of permits, permit number 209 was held by Richard Kunz of Eibenstock. His permit was granted in 1934 and was not revoked. I would be surprised if these tags were put on these armbands at the time of manufacture due to the somewhat crude looking construction. Just my thoughts.

Source of RZM information: Handbook of the Hitlerjugend, by Wilhelm Saris page 760.

Comment

Armbands

The RZM tags ARE on the inside - the armbands are inside-out.
                    The thing I notice about the armbands is that the swastika arms appear to be too thin. Perhaps just a variation?

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, Sgstandard.

Br. James

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the comments - I can confirm the RZM tags are on the inside of the armbands - the armbands are shown inside out for the photos showing the tags.

Best regards, Guy

Comment

NOT TRYING TO MAKE A JOKE OUT OF this interesting thread ,but,perhaps these armbands are late,late war ...like US or BRIT bombers flying overhead ...just a thought .. EC

Comment

Seriously, you have got to be kidding! These look like total garbage, look at the different size gaps between the arms of the swastikas, etc.
                            If anything, someone has gotten hold of some original RZM tags (if they are in fact original) and added them to repros....IMO
                            The RZM was formed to prevent this quality of item being produced, not endorse it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
                              Seriously, you have got to be kidding! These look like total garbage, look at the different size gaps between the arms of the swastikas, etc.
                              If anything, someone has gotten hold of some original RZM tags (if they are in fact original) and added them to repros....IMO
                              The RZM was formed to prevent this quality of item being produced, not endorse it.
                              I would agree with you. That Hersteller held a permit from 1934 onward until the war ended. These are not the quality of items I would expect to be RZM approved. A permit would be put in jeopardy for this type of quality IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X