This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurens View Post
    And in all cases, buy the item not the story!!

Best,
    Laurens

-thank you Joe for posting
    I do not think I try to justify the cap with a "story" . I have accepted the caps where not what they supposed to be. What I write about them, when I bought them, etc ... is for conversation sake and for info. I have another few thousand items to sell so i'm not going to "make up " a story for them . 99% of the stuff is just plain flee marked, attic , between collectors trades and early militaria shows stuff acquired between 73 and 90.
    Maybe 1% of my stuff has a "real" story and when this is the case I also mention it.
    Since last week I have tuned and turned this second cap over and over, compared it with the other 20+ SA caps I own and of which I know for sure they are original. Two longtime, well known Belgian collectors with advance knowledge on the SA ( their names are in all Angolias and Saris books) have since seen the cap and agree the cap is original when taken off the jager insignias ... What is it ? I do not know.

Just to clarify.

Marc

Comment

PS; This is me when I was 16 .... 1977 . This was my "gun room" yes, I had several "rooms" also the "uniform room" ( raised in a castle, sorry ) lol
      I'm looking for the pictures of the "uniform room" so I can make clear what I mean by just piling up stuff worth nothing at that time. And not worth "faking" No one was interested in SA , political or "black" SS . All what we where looking for was combat stuff from Normandy or the battle of the Bulge. The weapons in this collection where for 80% just gifts, the stuff was all over the place in Normandy, the Ardennes, South Germany, Again, I do not want to make theses caps suddenly original Jeager's . Just , take off the "jeager" insignia and the cap "must" be original .
      M.
      Attached Files

Comment

No clue about the cap, but those "gun room" photos of the heyday are fantastic.

Comment

Seems all has been said ...

I took the insignias off the cap. Off course one of the prongs of the eagle broke due to corrosion ... :-(

Taking each object separately all you guy's are still convinced the stuff is all fake ?

From a buckle collectors point of view, the RZM 24 marking on the cap badge looks pretty well convincing as a early Overhoff marking ...

As for the cap ...

Marc
          Attached Files

Comment

:
            Attached Files

Comment

=
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Marc, it is a shame your insignia broke on removal. That is so frustrating. The only fake FJK star insignia I have seen over the years was junk bought from Globe. But as I remember, the prongs on that star were thin and anchored together at the center of the reverse. There was a cheap RZM mark too.

What I am curious about is the "silver" colored star on the other Kepi which would be according to "references" for the earliest SA FJK unit from Berlin. That unit used the silver star. And I have never seen a repro silver FJK star. I don't know if it would have been RZM'd as the unit was so early and of short existence.

Comment

I have this one, fire gilted tombak
                    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you guys for the input of the insignias...

Looks like my eagle and my star are original ... As ex buckle collector, I could tell this by myself... Even whiteout having to take them off , but ... as this cap has previously in the thread been positively demoted to a pale copy ... a cap that never existed, positively not good ... What was the problem to take of the insignias ... They where fakes anyway ... No ?

Now, please, for the experts who "know" ... can they tell me, like I was a 6 year old, what is so obvious to the cap that make it a fake ?

Guy's, please, have the courage of your convictions.

Thank you,
                        Marc

Comment

here one more Feldjägerkorps star device (post 6)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ldj%E4gerkorps

Comment

From my "Police drawer" ....

No markings .... ???

M.
                            Attached Files

Comment

that one looks like a cast copy

Comment

Marc,
                                I think the cotton twill kepi is original and you can see under where the star was placed that it looks like there was a button originally, which would make sense for an SA kepi--it would have had a smooth silver or gold button. It looks like a normal button was used with the shank pushed through the seam.
                                Erich
                                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X