Trans;ation AGAIN SA Award Platter

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Forum Members,
        I got halfway through this, writing it down, using a dictionary and google translate and I do not think I am getting close to translating this, after 1 1/2 hours.
        Can Anyone PLEASE HELP !!
        Some one might even like looking at it,
        Thanks In advanced,
        Jack
        15.75 inches long, 10.625 inches wide and 1.375 inches tall
        Attached Files

Comment

Before you spend any additional time on this platter, there were a number of these that hit the market maybe 8-10 years ago. It's an actual mess hall or restaurant style platter rather than a fine quality presentation piece. IMO it is likely that these pieces have been postwar decorated as yet another method of trying to move restaurant crockery.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Translation anyways..
            left side:
            In remembrance to the last meeting of the Untergaugruppe
            right side:
            Hessen Nassau South,because of the SA Sports meeting at the Frankfurt stadium
            Regards
            dirk

Comment

Translation

The owner says he can trace the time he owned it, back to the early 90's.
              He is not a guy who forgets things, I believe him on this. Does this make any difference. I have no horses in this race, just a small commission. I really are more concerned about getting good (real) material to my customers. To be blunt. This is my real goal.
              Thank You,
              JacK

Comment

Well, I think the design was taken from a printed paper item and applied to the platter. One of the pieces I was offered in the past had the same design but had scratches as would have been made by a knife (assuming the platter was intended for meat or fowl). I'd be surprised that anyone would use a commemorative plate as a carving platter. The other thing, aside from the fact that a number of decorated platters hit the market around the same time, is that the piece is really too heavy to hang on a wall and there is no provision for hanging it on the reverse. So, as I indicated, IMO it was an attempt to make cheap and relatively valueless crockery sellable.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

I agree. We've seen them over here as well.

Seems strange to have a platter like this produced on a comercial design. The early date is unusual for one like this, the table medals I've seen for mid thirties and plates a bit later...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X