No announcement yet.

interesting Nurnberg stein with RPT 1939 and 1933 shield and Hugenberg writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting Nurnberg stein with RPT 1939 and 1933 shield and Hugenberg writing

Hi, I´ve got this interesting piece recently. IMO it is from the 1933 or 1934 party rallye at Nürnberg.

The writing says "Es geht auch ohne Hugenberg", what means "it will work without Hugenberg also". I´m not sure when exactly Hugenberg lost his influence at NSDAP, so it could be from 1934 most probably.
    Was Hugenberg a sponsor of the rallyes before, or what else did they mean with "It will work without Hugenberg"? Any ideas?

Did one ever see these RPT badges at a stein? I would love to know what nice celebration this stein saw, ha ha...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by m-e-h-t; 06-02-2016, 02:55 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Alfred Hugenberg was a newspaper magnate and leader of the DNVP, the German National People's Party. Like Franz Seldte, the leader of the vast and influential Stahlhelm Bund who was appointed Reichsminister of Labor in Hitler's initial cabinet in early 1933 as part of the negotiations with President von Hindenburg, Hugenberg was appointed Reichsminister of the Economy and Reichsminister of Agriculture in that cabinet. Both Seldte and Hugenberg worked actively to support Hitler's appointment as Reichschancellor during the months prior to the appointment announcement. But Hugenberg resigned both ministries on June 29, 1933 and was relegated to a cabinet seat without portfolio thereafter. Hitler needed to appear to the President that he was willing to cooperate in instituting a conciliar government which welcomed all major factions in Germany's political world, but that wore off VERY soon!

This being the political background in 1933-34, the phrase on this beer stein reflects the sentiment that the new German government led by Adolf Hitler will work just fine without the well-known Alfred Hugenberg as a part of it.

A very nice piece indeed!

Br. James

Comment

Thats a Keeper....if not let me know..i have some election flyer from hugenbergs party.
          pity about the cracks...definitely a party election campaign item from that period
          Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 06-02-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X