Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UND IHR HABT DOCH GESIEGT Medal!! opinions, please!1

Hello Gent's
    I have this medal a long time in my collection. It's part of a very interesting group!
    But what is the exact name of this medal ?
    I have seen this medal nowhere bevore!

Many thanks for your help!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Hesserl,

here is another one with the case, but I don´t have any idea, how the correct name is.

http://www.victor-gross.eu/epages/62.../Products/1163

That medals are very nice.

Best,
      Consi

Comment

It's a beautiful commemorative medallion alright, Hesserl! Similar to the one now shown by Mlopkit on this Forum. I've never seen either of these medallions before, but I wish they both were in my collection!!

Thanks to Consi for posting the link to what appears to be a silver version of this same medallion, cased, though I really don't like the condition of the finish on both sides of that piece. There appear to be bubbles in the finish all over the medallion.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          It's a beautiful commemorative medallion alright, Hesserl! Similar to the one now shown by Mlopkit on this Forum. I've never seen either of these medallions before, but I wish they both were in my collection!!

Thanks to Consi for posting the link to what appears to be a silver version of this same medallion, cased, though I really don't like the condition of the finish on both sides of that piece. There appear to be bubbles in the finish all over the medallion.

Br. James
          I think the one in the link is made from a zinc alloy that create the bubbles in the silver finish.

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Thanks, Wim -- always good to hear from you!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

A very nice original medallion and it's most likely just a variation on the same theme as the other one in the Mahnmal thread.

Comment

I've got one like this but in a silvered finish. IMO these, as well as the type Mlopkit showed, would have been available for visitors to München for purchase in 1933 as souvenirs rather than being actual awards.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X