Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frontbann Badge - What do you think?

Hello Gents,

it would be nice if you would tell me your opinion to this Frontbann badge without any maker mark.

I´m not sure with it and have doubts but maybe some of you have a similar one in your collection.

I don´t have any better pics.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Max_Porter
    Attached Files

From these photos, I am not a fan. Neither the lettering nor the ribbing appears sharp enough to be an original. The aging to the reverse appears artificial as well.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

I agree with Erich. And additionally, I am suspicious of any Frontbann Badge without any marking on the reverse, either on the badge itself or on the pin plate. IMO there were comparably few examples of this badge created, as this organization only lasted for ten months during the time the SA was banned following the Putsch. When the ban was lifted in February of 1925, the SA could again appear as itself and the Frontbann ceased.

Br. James

Comment

Difficult to say without a loup but as Eric says the lines should be razor sharp.

Stan

Comment

Thies is offering one MM'ed BSW (Gebrüder Schneider, Wien). Has anyone ever observed this maker for the Frontbann badge ?

Which one would be the typical mark ?

Last edited by der-hase-fee; 05-31-2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Not something I would want. BSW was located in Vienna. While there may have been early NSDAP (or rather Hitlerbewegung) members in Austria in the 20s, with the small number of badges needed and considering their brief period of wear, I doubt there would be a need to have them produced by more than one maker. It's even less likely, IMO, that they would have been produced in Austria.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X