Party armband with white stripe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party armband with white stripe?

Just curious if anyone has ever come across one like this?

Armband appears legit, but the white stripe that was added?

------------------------------------------------
    Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Looks like a possible attempt at making a Zellenleiter armband. They were used in the very beginning days of the Reich for party officials.

Sydney

Comment

Regulation states that it should be a silver stripe. I would stay away from it personally because of it not following the rules and there being so many fakes of these early PL armbands

Comment

Back when NS stuff was allowed to be sold on ebay, there were always loads of white and silver striped armbands. I would pass on this one if I were you.
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your comments.I picked it up yesterday as part of a larger collection.

Aside from the stripe, the quality and construction of the armband seems original to me?

I understand the concerns as they are the same skepticism I had, but my impression is that the 'base' would likely be correct?

Thanks

Comment

As I understand it, the earliest PL armband denoted rank, and they used silver stripes: one stripe represented Kreisleiter, two stripes that of Gauleiter and three stripes for Reichsleiter. But on the local level, below Kreisleiter, perhaps a single white stripe represented an Ortsgruppenleiter as the ranking system took form and expanded? Just a suggestion on my part; I've not seen any period regulations that established that. In the example in discussion, the white stripe appears to have been added on after the armband was created, so perhaps that was a sign that someone added it to his armband when he was promoted to Ortsgruppenleiter? These very early days of Party development were full of changes!

Br. James

Comment

I agree, certainly a good armband, with postwar added stripe

Comment

Thank you - I guess the question finally is, should the stripe be removed, or just left as is?

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  As I understand it, the earliest PL armband denoted rank, and they used silver stripes: one stripe represented Kreisleiter, two stripes that of Gauleiter and three stripes for Reichsleiter. But on the local level, below Kreisleiter, perhaps a single white stripe represented an Ortsgruppenleiter as the ranking system took form and expanded? Just a suggestion on my part; I've not seen any period regulations that established that. In the example in discussion, the white stripe appears to have been added on after the armband was created, so perhaps that was a sign that someone added it to his armband when he was promoted to Ortsgruppenleiter? These very early days of Party development were full of changes!

Br. James
                  Armband regulation from March of 1932 that Mr. Saris has posted on WRF in the past that explains all the different ranks. There is also gold stripe examples mentioned on the bottom in words, some have been posted here in the past from a grouping about a year ago.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                    Armband regulation from March of 1932 that Mr. Saris has posted on WRF in the past that explains all the different ranks. There is also gold stripe examples mentioned on the bottom in words, some have been posted here in the past from a grouping about a year ago.
                    This chart is actually why I said I thought it to be of Zellenleiter rank.

Comment

Sometimes messing with things like this can come back,to haunt you ...regardless I would leave it as found .

Comment

Many thanks for posting that chart again, Kyle -- it's the one I had in mind when I wrote my last note! Very helpful indeed! And as Juoneen said, I agree that it would be best to leave this armband as you found it; who knows what it might have represented during the period?!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X