SA Flag Jaeger Standarte 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Flag Jaeger Standarte 15

I've had this nice SA Sturmfahne for SA-Jaeger Standarte 15 from Straubing. My question is for those with SA resource material.

Is there some documentation that explains the award of the special band of "33-37" dates? I presume this signifies participation at the Reichsparteitage in those five consecutive years. Since Straubing isn't far from Nuernberg, it seems logical that this unit would have made the annual trip

I'd like to know if this is an official SA recognition or perhaps only a local one.
    Attached Files

Interesting flag and patches Paul. Looking forward to what the people in the know have to say about this one.

Comment

The SA regulations regarding the 'Tradition' patches are pretty clear cut--there was no provision for 'year' patches being sewn to the Sturmfahne to represent the RPTs attended. Additionally, my records indicate that J15 was not created until 1935, so a standard for this unit couldn't have been at the RPT prior. The patches represent units that were amalgamated into the Sturm/Standarte. I couldn't find a record of any of these other numbered units that were part of the same SA group and geographically close to J15 in my files. Since the units listed on Tradition patches lost their individual status and ceased to exist, it is sometimes difficult to find information about them.
      Erich
      Last edited by Erich B.; 05-13-2016, 10:58 PM.
      Festina lente!

Comment

Jäger-Standarte 15 was transefered from Gruppe Hochland to Bayerische Ostmark early 1934. The first appearance I found of this Standarte is December 1933.

I agree that the numbers 33-37 must be for their appearance of the RPT. Of course without following any regulations.

When these numbers were used as a Sturm, than they have to be placed below 7/J15.

It's impossible this unit moved from five differnt independed Stürme and consecutive.

Best,
        Laurens

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
          Jäger-Standarte 15. The first appearance I found of this Standarte is December 1933
          Correct. Not mentioned in earlier official papers (SA-Befehle or Verordnungsblatt der OSAF).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X