DAF uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAF uniform

Hello, I am considering purchasing a DAF uniform. It doesn't have a tag on the tunic. I was wondering is it common for the DAF tag to be removed from the tunic? Thanks!

Not a common practice during the war but common post war to reuse the dark blue uniforms as civilian clothes !
    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
      Not a common practice during the war but common post war to reuse the dark blue uniforms as civilian clothes !
      Nick
      Officially there was not an RZM tag inside (according RZM regulations), but a label attached. But many dark dresses are offered as DAF!

Comment

Some kind of translation problem then ...
        let's talk about a cloth label sewn inside the jackets or trousers ...
        Nick

Comment

Some kind of translation problem then ...
          let's talk about a cloth label sewn inside the jackets or trousers ...
          Nick
          In the jacket a cloth RZM label was not mentioned in the official RZM regulations. A paper triangular tag was positioned, hung on a small cord to a button or button-hole.
          The manufacturings-regulations from 1936 from the RZM, page 175 mentions literally: sämtliche DAF-Anzüge sind sofort nach Fertigstellung mit den vorschriftsmässigen
          Anhängemarken zu versehen.
          The mentioned tag (front and reverse) were included with the "Herstellungsvorschrifen für den Festanzug der DAF".
          The so-called Anhängemarke was also known as Erkennungsmarke.

Nothing was mentioned about a sewn in label at all. It was possible and in accordance with the RZM, to transfer the DAF dress into a regular civil dress.
          Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 02-02-2016, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I was thinking to the short 2 pockets jacket and not the long jacket .
            I'm sure this type of jacket had cloth labels sewn in them as i already had
            some in my hands .
            As well as the black breeches which goes with this jacket having
            also a cloth tag sewn in .
            Regarding the long jacket i don't really know as they are pretty hard to find .
            Nick

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-30-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-30-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I was thinking to the short 2 pockets jacket and not the long jacket . I'm sure this type of jacket had cloth labels sewn in them as i already had
                  some in my hands . As well as the black breeches which goes with this jacket having
                  also a cloth tag sewn in . Regarding the long jacket i don't really know as they are pretty hard to find . Nick
                  As mentioned before: Nothing about the well-known cloth RZM tags was said in the regulations, neither for the vest nor pants. If they should be there, they would have been shown in its form as ws done with the triangular tag.
                  The material was marked as shown by Chifonnier.

Maybe someone can show the contrary and show us the cloth RZM tag as mentions by GAMS!

Comment

Last edited by chiffonnier; 08-30-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chiffonnier View Post
                      Maybe GAMS means the black two pocket werkschar jackets. Never had one ,so I know nothing about labels in those. Kees
                      That's what I was thinking also. I checked the various tags for pants as shown in 1938 in the RZM manufacturing-regulations and DAF is not included, but Werkschar was.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X