NSDAP Deumer Crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Deumer Crosses

We all know that Deumer NSDAP 25-Year Crosses are considered the best. These crosses are quite thin and have a sealed ring which is usually mm'd "19".

The 10-Year Deumer Cross is similarly thin and has a sealed "19"stamped ring.

However, when it comes to the 15-Year Deumer cross, these are really quite heavy and have an open ring which is not mm'd.

Why is that? The only way collectors can tell that the 15-year cross is made by Deumer is because of the RZM 1/120 stamp on the box.

I have now come to the conclusion that Deumer never made a 15-year NSDAP cross but bought them from another maker.

Can anyone show an example of an NSDAP 15-Year Cross by Deumer which is thin and has a sealed ring which is marked "19"?

Just my opinion of course so lets see what other think.

Stan
    Attached Files

Well one week later and 128 hits nobody has so far disagreed with me.

So is it really true that there are zero "19" marked 15-year thin Deumer crosses out there?

If you know of any in existence please let me know.

Stan

Comment

I went through my collection of pictures, and found at least one 15 year cross with a sealed ring marked 19. A mint piece in the matching stamped box. Kai Winkler offered if for sale around October 2011.
      Last edited by der-hase-fee; 02-06-2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

The example in my collection of the 15 year cross is without any ring marking, and it had no presentation case with it.

Br. James

Comment

Think my 15yr award is marked 21 on the ring.

Comment

And then there is Glenn66's:

Found in this thread.

Comment

I have now purchased a 15-Year thin-type Deumer cross in its case from Giel.

It has all the attributes of the Deumer crosses but is minus the "19" mark on the sealed ring.

Stan
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a shot of the reverse plus one with the full set of thin-type Deumer crosses.

I am amazed how rare these thin 15-Year Deumer crosses are.
                Most crosses in Deumer M1/120 boxes are the heavy type, probably made by another maker and supplied to Deumer (IMO).

Stan
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a hard to bead trio.

Regards, Wim
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Stunning set Stan.

I'll check the ring on my heavy Deumer ... I'm certain it's unmarked and believe it's a solid ring but will report back when I can.

Ian.

Comment

An impressive set Stan.

Comment

Wow Stan, quite nice!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Hi Stan, having checked the photos of my 'Deumer' 15 year the ring isn't soldered but is very tightly closed ..

Hope this helps, Ian.

Comment

Nice trio you got there stan

Comment

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

All thin type Deumer crosses have the same "U" shape in the wings which is different to the heavy versions. That is the first thing I look for in a Deumer cross.

Stan
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X