Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandenburg Gau boots

Evening guys,

Just doing a bit of research for a consultancy job and I was wondering what colour boots would SA men in the Brandenburg gau (particularly Berlin) wear circa 1933? Black leather or brown leather? Also would the tops be rounded or scalloped slightly?

Many thanks for any assistance or evidence on the topic!

Regards,

Nutty

Brown leather. In 1933, you'll still see variations in the type and style of boots, since many SA men wore their lace up work boots, ankle boots with leather leg protectors or cloth leg wraps.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Erich, having looked at some photos I have seen some SA men wearing black boots, just curious as to the variation in boot colour? Many thanks

Comment

I would think that the Kampfzeit prior to 1933 would have a lot more boot variations because many uniforms themselves did. There just was not a ton of money to have everything matching perfectly. I think being an SA Mann meant a significant financial commitment generally speaking - money for rallies, flags, literature, weapons, hospital bills from injuries, legal bills, funding units etc. and that may have taken precedence (not to mention feeding their own families). After 1933 a lot of guys in the SA got decent jobs and then everything was standardized to a degree but I don't doubt that there were variations across the board even then.
        There are some members here with top knowledge who can guide you. This is just my gut feel based on my knowledge of the period, not based on an expert knowledge of the equipment. Hope this helps.

Comment

I feel like Erich is one of the more knowledgeable people on the subject of the SA. Yes, the early SA was somewhat of a free for all in the sense of uniform combos so really narrowing down anything can be somewhat difficult.

Sydney

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X