Have these ever been reproduced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have these ever been reproduced?

I figure just about anything that the fakers can make are reproduced, if there is a buck in it. How about these?
    Attached Files

There is no fake of this type mentioned in Wim Saris' excellent book about the subject of Wall Plaques. Anything on the reverse?

Regards, Wim
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
      There is no fake of this type mentioned in Wim Saris' excellent book about the subject of Wall Plaques. Anything on the reverse?
      Regards, Wim
      Not in those days, but the book was released in 2009 and do not know if by now there are fakes made. I have not kept an eye on this stuff, nor have I done research on them since then.
      The reason: a revised edition is not planned!

Comment

Were these not reproduced in England in the 1970s? That is what I have always heard. There certainly do seem to be lots of these around.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
          Were these not reproduced in England in the 1970s? That is what I have always heard. There certainly do seem to be lots of these around.
          Yes there were along with other fake enameled creations like the Kripo office signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
            Anything on the reverse?
            Shots of theback and the bottom front
            Attached Files

Comment

One of the corner.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                Yes there were along with other fake enameled creations like the Kripo office signs.
                Yes, the Kriminalpolizei-Leitstelle was a product of the 1970's from the UK, but as far as research was possible no actual evidence was found for the so-called Haustafel, as far as I can remember. Not for the enameled version or the cardboard-version!
                Or it should be those that do not show traces of the paper with instructions how to handle at the reverse or no trace for an RZM-indication. We also had heard those rumours, but could not get stated it was true! All observed plaques (I thought it were 14 in total) had either the paper or an RZM-indication.

PS: remember there were made many 10.000's (maybe even 100.000's) of them as every important building or even a block of houses had one fixed.
                Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-19-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I remember the UK fakes (Polizei, Fallschirmjäger Provia(n)t Amt (sic.), supposed enameled metal grave marker, SA disc, AH election sign) but never saw a fake Haustafel. The metal Haustafel were always available since about the 1980s, but they were so large and heavy they were not particularly in demand.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

I originally saw this for sale on one of the many Facebook military pages that have recently sprung up.
                    It has appeared again on another one of the pages with a completely different price and a different seller. It is the exact same one, with all of the dents and scratches and the same photos, to boot.
                    All I can say is that if you buy anything off of a FB page is "Caveat Emptor".
                    The only FB page that I know of that is 100% good or even close to it is Dave Wyatt's.
                    Tim
                    Last edited by TP Alexander; 01-22-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X