yes -collect at SOS
    23.33%
    yes-post at cost
    73.33%
    yes- collect at Kassel
    3.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Jon Fish; 01-11-2016, 05:41 PM. Reason: error

Last edited by Jon Fish; 01-11-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Jon Fish; 01-11-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

error
        Last edited by Jon Fish; 01-11-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

No idea what you're doing Jon, but if you ever release a BO book, ill order the first one!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
              No idea what you're doing Jon, but if you ever release a BO book, ill order the first one!

And the 2nd one for me, please!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

The list is getting longer. Don't forget me!
                Regards, Mike

Comment

BO = blank order. i.e. no stocks left.

Comment

Hi All, It's correct I am considering printing my collection book, but I did not have enough details at the time of posting, sorry.
                    I wanted to gauge interest. The plan would be to produce the book in full colour, landscape and A4 size with a faux leather cover or black linen, undecided.
                    The book will be 100 pages of full colour on every page, it is not a reference book with discussion around the order and the period. What is does do is presents my collection and a description and history of each man the medals belonged to.
                    Some of you have seen it at recent shows and guys have enquired if I would run off some copies, everyone always says I should print it. I thought with the SOS around the corner It would be the ideal time as I could deliver a small number in person at the show (they will be 1kilo each so will be limited as I only get 23k baggage!) so there would be no delivery cost to factor. Likewise I could do so later in the year, perhaps in Kassel.
                    In order to secure the best printing options and for me to start getting everything straight, in what is now a tight timeframe, please could you respond to this thread if you would want a copy.
                    It will not be registered as 'a book' this is a private collection presentation and hopefully will also serve as a good reference on original material. I would not be expecting to print more than 10-20 copies and if the interest is not there, none!
                    The book is printed in the UK on excellent quality paper.
                    The price should be £55 (provided I get the deal I'm after as the actual print cost is a lot more usually) hand delivered to SOS. If you require postage then that should be possible at cost later.
                    I have had one very kind offer of being able to base the books at a members SOS table, thank you.

Jon

- I have added a poll , please tick your preference if you are interested and I can use that as indicative orders. It is open for 2 weeks.
                    Last edited by Jon Fish; 01-13-2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Random example pages ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

More...
                        Attached Files

Comment

....more samples
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not sure how many man hours went in to this, it's been a labour of love and I hope that's reflected in the work. After this project I greatly admire WAF colleagues who have carried out similar projects! I remember JRs railroad eagle efforts years ago, while that wax very much a reference book mine is not that but I promise you if you have the book the pictures say all you will ever need to know to see fake from real

Comment

Jon, a collection worthy of a book if there ever was one. Will the book be the same as the ebook that you did a while back?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X