strange SA sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange SA sign

Hi, I got this one recently within a larger group, having no idea what it is. Never see a piece like this before, The diameter is 28mm.

Does one have an idea? Material looks like nickel.

Thanks for comments.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It's a collar tab device

Comment

I agree. Nice piece.

Br. James

Comment

This device was normally used for the VGAD units. It was attached to the right collar tab

Sydney

Comment

OK, thanks a lot for your kind help! Learnt something again here!
              This piece looks very nice in hand...

Comment

NIce insignia interesting mark...The maker's mark looks like the Wilhelm Deumer "D" sometime seen on Hindenburg crosses in catalog etc but the Deumer mark I am familiar with usually displays a bee with the "D" not a branch/sprig. I wonder if its a logo variant for the same maker or another maker

Regards

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                  NIce insignia interesting mark...The maker's mark looks like the Wilhelm Deumer "D" sometime seen on Hindenburg crosses in catalog etc but the Deumer mark I am familiar with usually displays a bee with the "D" not a branch/sprig. I wonder if its a logo variant for the same maker or another maker

Regards

JC
                  As far as I know Deumer always had that mark and never used a sprig. Ths letter D also looks wrong. I even wonder if this marking is okay and period!

Comment

I've seen a few of these insignia, and they have been die stamped so the cross section is very thin. This one looks much thicker. By the time these were produced, the RZM regulations were better communicated and understood than with earlier pieces. I would tend to doubt the combination of RZM mark, no company license number, and with a company logo (regardless of whether or not the logo is legitimate). That said, it seems there are possible exceptions to every rule and regulation, so I'd be curious to hear additional voices on the piece.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X