BDM - Garmisch Jäckchen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDM - Garmisch Jäckchen ?

Visited a elderly couple recently, during the evening the wife (date of birth 1931) mentioned her time in the BDM adding she still had part of her uniform and went down into the cellar and brought out this wool, what she called " Garmisch Jäckchen" which she insisted was standard issue to the BDM's. I've never seen such a jacket, can't ever remember seeing a old picture with one being worn, but I'm no great collector of BDM items - to put my mind at rest, has anyone seen one ? I did ask her, if the collar colours red and green had any significance - but she didn't know.
    Attached Files

Memory failed that old lady - its a "Berchtesgadener Trachtenjacke", worn by BDM at many occasions (also mentioned in period manuals):
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
      Memory failed that old lady - its a "Berchtesgadener Trachtenjacke", worn by BDM at many occasions (also mentioned in period manuals):
      Attached Files

Comment

last
        Attached Files

Comment

These are still made and worn, being a Trachten sweater. The last time I was in Germany (20+ years ago), I bought one for a gift.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Gran Sasso,
            Thanks for the posts and pictures, interesting to see these garments being worn. Would seem they belonged to their "Sunday Best" outfits. Help given much appreciated. Cheers

Comment

Thanks for posting a very rare item Johnno.

Comment

If I recall correctly, Weitze has a few on his site.

Comment

Yes Squidney, quite right Weitze does one on offer at €400. He's not only the biggest German dealer, but also the dearest (think our members selling on estand must use him as a bench mark, when pricing their items ) realistically perhaps worth €250 -300. Interestingly, his description details say - "Berchtesgadener Trachtenjacke from 1935 officially belonged to the uniform of the BDM in area Bavarian Hochland. Seldom to find"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X