Reproduction Blood Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reproduction Blood Order

hi friends, beware a new breed of pretty good fakes, first time I've come across this one. The details under a loop are the give away, the flaws are missing, well faint, and there is a light pitting throughout. You will spot other issues but that's a starter. This has the potential to fool many a collector, and indeed was for sale at full retail price in Germany last week.
    I would say casted from a real one. I did toy with the idea briefly it was perhaps a ground dug original but that's not the case.
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing this--I've not seen this variety before.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

No problems Erich. Must say I'm surprised there are no other comments as this is really an important eyes open alert. I think as the copy is so good there are not many that would recognise it as such, it's a scary copy , especially from pictures alone.

Comment

Thanks for this Jon, it is very scary indeed. Im hurting my eyes trying to look at it closely.

Isn't this once more proof that we need micropictures?

Comment

Agree, if a fake it is the scariest one out there. More study is needed on this one.

Comment

Indeed, it's another step up the ladder, however, it will not stand up to the scrutiny of the educated collector.

Thanks to Jon for the alert!

Comment

If it is a casting Jon, then wouldn't the dimensions be smaller than an original? What did it weigh? Was the ring soldered?

Comment

Joe, ring was soldered. Couldn't weigh it I don't take scales to shows, a challenge enough getting permission to photograph stock in Germany , it's not really the done thing.if I recall correctly weight felt OK, perhaps a bit on the light side. Not an expert on casting techniques either so couldn't tell you, however they did this its not a good one and under a loop that's clear to see but photographed it's extremely difficult.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X